Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Advance Amount?

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cash Advance Amount?

My citi card has  500 cash advance. Never used it.   

HSBC  has   1,200 cash advance limit. Because I have used it so many times.

Chase has 1,200 cash advanced limit. Used this often in the past. 

Message 11 of 13
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

My golden rule is don't charge anything you couldn't otherwise buy with cash unless it is an asset (home, car, equities etc). This rule plays back in my head each time I swipe my card. However if you are taking out a cash advance it is due to the fact that you don't have any (cash) thus it is in and of itself a violation of my rule.

+1 to this. In an ideal world of fully-informed borrowers, this thread would never exist.

Cash advances are the devil incarnate. Simply do NOT do it. Treat every card as if your cash advance limit is $0.

No, make that $-20, because believe me, any time you pull a cash advance they are going to find a way to make 20 bucks or more off of you.

Cash advances are essentially the way otherwise prime lenders get to dabble their toe in the usurious payday-loan industry pool. No thank you.

When I was unemployed, I found myself at a point where I was strapped for cash. I had the option of doing a credit card cash advance. Instead, I found odd jobs on the Gigs section of Craigslist and scrounged up cash mopping floors, repairing fences, and organizing closets. That was definitely the better choice.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 12 of 13
HiLine
Blogger

Yeah seriously, don't ever take cash advance. I tried to lower my cash advance limit to 0, but the lowest limit my creditors would allow is 200....

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.