Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Advance limit

tag
omaha96
Valued Member

Cash Advance limit

I remember back in the 80s early 90s your cash limit was equal to your overall credit limit citi First USA cards. Back in 1994 I got a 7000 cash advance from a grocery store bank. I thought they were going to have a meltdown they panicked. Fees were not what they are today. Are there any bank cards that have high cash limit anymore ???
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Cash Advance limit

@omaha96 wrote:
I remember back in the 80s early 90s your cash limit was equal to your overall credit limit citi First USA cards. Back in 1994 I got a 7000 cash advance from a grocery store bank. I thought they were going to have a meltdown they panicked. Fees were not what they are today. Are there any bank cards that have high cash limit anymore ???

I have not come across any to be honest. Out of my current cards, I think the most I can have for a cash advance is around $4000. 

I used to wonder why anyone would ever need/use a cash advance. Then I got stuck in the Dubai International Airport with an expired debit card and no cash. Needless to say I called and set up a PIN so I could do a cash advance to pay for the Cab I needed to get to my hotel. 

Message 2 of 12
awp317
Frequent Contributor

I know on my usaa card I can write a check tied to the card for up to the limit. Im not sure if I can cash this or put it in my checking account. Also my citi prestige card keeps offering me a "balance transfer" that I can either transfer the avalible credit to my checking account or transfer a balance from another card to this one at 1.9% .

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 3 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You may have better luck with credit union issued CC if high CA limits is what you are looking for.

Message 4 of 12
norhplatter
Established Member

I have a VISA signature from NFCU and the cash advance is equal to my CL, $7500.

Message 5 of 12
user5387
Valued Contributor

@omaha96 wrote:

If you need this type of feature, I would either set up an LOC or else take cash advances from CU cards.

With both of these approaches it's possible to eliminate the common 3-5% fee, and you can often take the advance online into your checking account.

Message 6 of 12
black_citi
Established Contributor

My cash advance is equal to my CL from my DCU visa, 10k.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 7 of 12
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

US Bank is equal to the credit limit.

Message 8 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

My PPCR (PenFed) has a cash limit equal to the credit limit.

Message 9 of 12
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

You may have better luck with credit union issued CC if high CA limits is what you are looking for.

Agreed.  My $7000 BECU Visa has the entire credit line available for cash advance... capped at $500 a day.

I could get it all in 14 days... It's only a $10 fee for each advance!  LOL

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.