Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Advance whats the limit?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Cash Advance whats the limit?

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Do banks like it when you do constant cash advance?

Many CCC ask if you intend to take advances, so it looks like they do pay attention to it...whether it is positive or negative I am not sure. Since most of them have no grace period for advances and make interest from day one, it's a toss up for me.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 31 of 33
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

This is to reduce cc debt that my whole family has. Like my signature says I have no income and will apply for a job as an MA in September. And well we look at this whole cash advance thing almost like having another auto loan For ex. taking out $400 a month and paying it back full. But it seems like the bank will not like to see that type of activity in a card, putting the acct. at risk for them to even close it. So for now it will have to come out of my parents check. 

I don't think I understand either.  Maybe you should further explain your situation, but it seems like you have a debt, $10,000 for example (using manageable numbers)  and are trying to make payments on it with a monthly $400 high-interest cash advance.  So you pay your $10,000 debt like an auto loan with $400 cash advances?  Or, do you mean that once you pay off the $10,000 original debt and now have $15,000 debt owed on the cash-advance account, you pay that back like an auto loan? Do you get another cash advance card to pay the huge debt on the first cash-advance card?

Maybe I just didn't clearly understand your intent, but it seems like you are trying to reduce your debt with more debt?

Or you mean that you pay your monthly payment on the $10,000 with a $400 cash advance and then pay the $400 high-interest cash-advance later that same month from you checking account like an auto-loan?  Even if you paid the $400 every month in-full, you would be charged interest and this would cost more money that just paying the $10,000 with a $400 payment from your checking account.

Paying the $10,000 with payments from your checking account is the most logical and cost-effective solution.  You also avoid adverse action on that credit card which would otherwise be taking massive and excessive cash advances.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 32 of 33
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

+1 to what Dave said. It's what I was trying to say earlier but he explained it much better.

And OP, I hope this debt isn't on your sister's cards too. I see you post about how she gets approved for a bunch of new cards (which kinda leads me to believe she isn't having these issues). Either way, I hope you are using what you learn on this site and teaching her better money management (Goes for your whole family).

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.