Valued Contributor
rootpooty

Re: Cash Back Cards

There are cards combined that eat the us bank. However the us bank card is nice if you only want a one man army card. No caps is nice but if freedom is offering 5% on gas for the quarter its simply a better route to take if you don't plan on spending more than 1500 in gas.

There is also the penfed card that offers 5% on gas with no caps

Amex BCP offers 6% on groceries.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 3k | BOFA 123 3k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 1800 | Walmart 1450 | Buckle 300

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred!
Valued Member
iFICO

My personal favorites:

Amex BCP - 6% groceries more than covers the AF

Freedom  - great for rotating categories, esp restaurants

Amex Costco True Earnings - 3% at Costco gas and 2% restaurants

Pen Fed Cash - for 5% gas when not near Costco

(I may consider a Chase Sapphire Pref after all the great things I have learned about the card here)

You really need to look at where you spend your hard earned $$$, and then you will figure out which are right for you.  And be careful when adding them to your wallet - most have sign on bonuses that are awesome but require varying degrees of spend ( and you don't want to over spend just to get a bonus)

Starting Score: TU698 EQ691
Current Score: TU800 EQ816
Goal Score: achieved

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
rootpooty

Can someone explain the freedom/dividend/discover (which discover?) To me? Is it better than freedom/CSP/checking combo?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 3k | BOFA 123 3k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 1800 | Walmart 1450 | Buckle 300

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred!
Established Contributor
flowfaster

rootpooty wrote:
There are cards combined that eat the us bank. However the us bank card is nice if you only want a one man army card. No caps is nice but if freedom is offering 5% on gas for the quarter its simply a better route to take if you don't plan on spending more than 1500 in gas.

There is also the penfed card that offers 5% on gas with no caps

Amex BCP offers 6% on groceries.

Exactly but if you could have only one?  With the $25 gift card and a checking account, the 5% categories are really closer to 7%.  I agree though that the Freedom and BCP are necessary to maximize your cashback.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Regular Contributor
shadow2k

rootpooty wrote:
Can someone explain the freedom/dividend/discover (which discover?) To me? Is it better than freedom/CSP/checking combo?

Freedom/Dividend/Discover More/IT all have rotating 5% categories.  So when you have all three, you have more ways to get 5% rewards.

Freedom/CSP is the combo used by frequent flyers so they can transfer Freedom 5% UR points to the CSP, and then do what they please from there.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+