Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Back Rewards

tag
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Cash Back Rewards

Is there any credit card that gives more than 1% for cash back rewards and does not have a limit for those rewards? Also it would be a Visa or Mastercard. I have been looking w/o success for one that gives more than that on all purchase, not just specific items. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cash Back Rewards

GST2008 wrote:
Is there any credit card that gives more than 1% for cash back rewards and does not have a limit for those rewards? Also it would be a Visa or Mastercard. I have been looking w/o success for one that gives more than that on all purchase, not just specific items. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

There aren't many that give more than 1% cash on absolutely everything.  If you insist on avoiding purchase categories, your options are going to be quite limited.

Cap1 No Hassle Cash gives 1% on everything and then an annual 25% bonus of all the cash you earned during the year, which makes a total of 1.25%.

Amex Blue Cash, Chase Freedom, Citi cashback cards, Penfed, Discover More, etc etc are good cashback cards that give much more than 1%, but they are category-oriented.

Message 2 of 10
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa exceeds your specification in every way. No AF/fixed APR/$50K max CL. Rewards are credited back monthly and there is no cap.
Message 3 of 10
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Have you Try National City? Interest is kinda high and no intro rates.

Up to 4% cash back on everyday purchases 4% on gasoline at the pump Up to $250 in eligible monthly net purchases 3% on cinema and movie rentals Up to $150 in eligible monthly net purchases 2% on groceries, restaurants and fast food Up to $750 in eligible monthly net purchases Up to 1% on almost everything else

¼% on first $10,000 in eligible net purchases each year; 1% thereafter with no limits

Once you've accumulated $100 in rebates, we'll automatically send you a check attached to your next monthly statement No annual fee
Message 4 of 10
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Now there is a card that gives  2% back!

from FW:

http://www.householdbank.com/

* 2% Cash Back on all credit card purchases
* 0% Introductory APR for 12 months on card purchases and balance transfers, plus no annual fee, for qualified applicants.*
* MasterCard®'s Platinum Benefits Package including:♦
o Master Rental Insurance providing you security and safety with your car rentals.
o Purchase Assurance® Coverage protecting you from theft or damage on new purchases.
o Extended Warranty insurance doubles the manufacturer's warranty on new purchases.
* Acceptance at millions of locations worldwide, including website purchases and reservations.
* Free Standard Online Bill Pay, no matter how often you use it.
* Request email and text messages to remind you of your upcoming payment due date with online enrollment.
* Automatic 100% Fraud Liability Protection plus the ability to set your personal customized spending alerts.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Citi Cash Returns card is 1% on everything, no limit, and extra rewards on these:

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank Premium 2% Cash Back Cards

Let us reward you! Unlike many credit card companies, we have a Rewards MasterCard for nearly everyone's credit history, and we offer more than just rewards. These Platinum cards have great value and added benefits.

• Receive 2% cash back on new net retail purchases, and redeem in $25 increments.
  • 0% Introductory APR for 6 months on card purchases and balance transfers, plus no annual fee, to qualifying applicants.*
  • Receive a Platinum MasterCard Benefits package.

Message 7 of 10
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the feedback. Here is why I'm looking for a card with more than 1%. My brother and I own a small business and we currently spend about $200,000.00 a year with our vendors. Our largest vendor only takes MC or Visa, otherwise we'd use our Amex. We pay the bills in cash right now every week but I thought a cash back rewards card would be a great way to put our money to use for us. We have an Advanta and a Chase card, but they both only pay 1%. I thought there might be a way to get more than that. It appears that all the cards that do offer more have categories or caps on how much they will let you redeem in a year.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

GST2008 wrote:

I'm loving PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union) Rewards Visa: 

• 5% at the gas pump
  • 2% at the supermarket
  • 1.25% all other purchases

Credited monthly and no maximums.

Right now they also have a lifetime balance transfer rate of 2.99% until paid off.  Nice, nice (though not sure if they count toward rewards??)

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have excellant or above avg , go to capital one card lab

1% and choose 2% on gas and gorceries or 2% travel and entertainment.
the second choice a many ways to get $2 even a few odd thiings like timeshares.
thing movies, tickets offices, traval agents, hotels , more on travel 
all restruants not just fast food

there are are others options 2X for 12 months and a bonus with every purchase get you an extra dime per dallar charge
rewards update daily so you don't have to wait for the next statement to redeem you current cycles earners
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.