Did you mean: 

Cash + Can't apply Online

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cash + Can't apply Online

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
You can live anywhere and apply by phone. I live in Texas and we don't have any branches here. But, I will be apping when I leave garden next yr.

I applied online and they didn't even HP me due to being out of their geographical area. Also in Texas here.

Were you approved?

Message 11 of 20
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
You can live anywhere and apply by phone. I live in Texas and we don't have any branches here. But, I will be apping when I leave garden next yr.

I applied online and they didn't even HP me due to being out of their geographical area. Also in Texas here.

MayBe because you applied online? All I know is many have called the number and apped over phone. I called and verified with the analyst that anyone in the country could apply over phone or in a branch. I was in Ohio two weeks ago and saw several branches I could have applied in. But, there's that whole gardening thing. Smiley Sad My profile is not ready yet!

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MstrPTato wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Were you approved?

It was for a different card.

No, It came up with a 7-10 message. I checked my CreditSecure for the next week and no HP was done. When i got the letter, it explained i was outside their geographical area and that they could not issue me a line of credit due to this.

Message 13 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

I am no where near them...im in the Northeast. Do I need to be in their area to be considered?

It's sort of hard to know!   I'm in the NorthEast (so we must know each other!) I got a Cash + (joint with my wife) when they still had online app for it.  Then, a few months ago, my wife got a preapproval from them for another Cash +, which we could fill out on line and she got approved for that.   So obviously being outside the area isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but for cold apps some CSR might tell you that it is.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know about the specific geographical limits? Permanent address in Alaska, mailing address in NYC, so I'm wondering if they go by mailing or permanent address when phone applying and also if those locations are within their limits. I know others with both mailing and permanent addresses have other US Bank cards, but what about this one?

Message 15 of 20
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know about the specific geographical limits? Permanent address in Alaska, mailing address in NYC, so I'm wondering if they go by mailing or permanent address when phone applying and also if those locations are within their limits. I know others with both mailing and permanent addresses have other US Bank cards, but what about this one?

I have seen many approvals outside their area. Call the number say your interested in the Cash+ and ask if it's possible to apply by phone. That's the best way to find out. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 16 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm out of their geographical location (Michigan) and the nearest branch is Chicago.  I opened a checking acct online in January and was approved over the phone for Cash+ a few months later. 

Message 17 of 20
uswala
Senior Contributor

I am based in Houston, Texas. I applied over the phone about 4 months back. They asked me before submitting my application, if I wanted to be considered for Cash Reward card if not eleigible for Cash+. I said yes (as why to waste an enquiry). However, I was not even approved for Cash Reward. I called reconsideration lines....not approved, called again ...not approved, called again andf again. When I called the reconsideration department the fifth time, I was finally approved for Cash Rewards for $1000 CL (my lowest)...but I took it. I will may be ask for CLI after 6 months are complete. I had good scores 760+ but the only issue was that I had a history of only 2 years as I am new to US. That was the only thing that woprried them. They were happy with how I was manitaning my credit but said they prefer longer history.

Just to add, I do not have any checking or saving account with them.

Message 18 of 20
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

I am no where near them...im in the Northeast. Do I need to be in their area to be considered?

It's sort of hard to know!   I'm in the NorthEast (so we must know each other!) I got a Cash + (joint with my wife) when they still had online app for it.  Then, a few months ago, my wife got a preapproval from them for another Cash +, which we could fill out on line and she got approved for that.   So obviously being outside the area isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but for cold apps some CSR might tell you that it is.

I am in the north east too! I think we know each other too!! Smiley Happy

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 19 of 20
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

I'm out of their geographical location (Michigan) and the nearest branch is Chicago.  I opened a checking acct online in January and was approved over the phone for Cash+ a few months later. 

^^ That's my plan. I opened a checking account online, using the $150 promotion code, and once a few inquiries drop off, I'll apply for Cash+

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.