Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Forward...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash Forward...

My wife got a preapproval in the mail with a nice sign-up bonus [$200] for a card with no annual fee.  Anyone own this card and have anything to report?  How does it stack up to the other 1.5% cards? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cash Forward...

The only potential flaw is that you have to wait until you have $50 cash to redeem. Others, like the QS, can be cashed out without any threshold.

Message 2 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Pretty much the same as any other 1.5% cash back card, except for the $50 threshold. I only really recommend it if you will use it heavily because of the $50 redemption threshold. You get a 5% bonus when redeeming, so if you redeem $100, you get $5 back in your rewards account (presumably, to keep you spending to get to $50 again). Rewards post as transactions clear, which is nice, rather than waiting until the statement comes. Barclay's is very transparent with the rewards.

It's pretty clear Barclay's wants people who are going to use the card as a main, daily driver. I have one and use it fairly often, but not for every single purchase.

Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also don't forget this card has FTF where-as the QS doesn't.. Granted 1 pull vs. 3 pulls.. I think the QS is a superior product and I say that not liking Cap1 much.  Only thing it has going for it is really the single pull and the sign-up bonus IMO.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.