Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash+ Holders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash+ Holders

Which categories do you guys mostly choose? Thinking of getting this card only for the fast food..

Also, does anyone actually use US bank accounts to get more bonuses? (are there other ways to get extra cashback?)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Cash+ Holders

Fast food and Cellphone

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I have fast food and dept stores picked right now which was stupid of me since discover has dept stores. Ill probably go to fast food and furniture for quarter 4 as I love me some IKEA Smiley Happy

An offer for their checking popped up in my account today, but meh. There are no branches really near me so if I had a problem itd be a pain in the butt. I also dont think you get any extra credit card rewards for having the checking, other than the checking maintenance fee being waived from having the credit card.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
I have fast food and dept stores picked right now which was stupid of me since discover has dept stores. Ill probably go to fast food and furniture for quarter 4 as I love me some IKEA Smiley Happy

An offer for their checking popped up in my account today, but meh. There are no branches really near me so if I had a problem itd be a pain in the butt. I also dont think you get any extra credit card rewards for having the checking, other than the checking maintenance fee being waived from having the credit card.

What was the reasoning behind the SM Upromise card? Smiley Tongue Was it only for the online mall? Just curious.

Message 4 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes the upromise mall has some great offers. I got 12 percent back last night on meds I needed for my dog. Since I was gonna buy them anyway it was great. Upromise is an occasional use kind of card not really a daily driver.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing DC is your daily, right? 

Message 6 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which categories do you guys mostly choose? Thinking of getting this card only for the fast food..

Also, does anyone actually use US bank accounts to get more bonuses? (are there other ways to get extra cashback?)

As some else said, the bank accounts no longer give credit card bonuses (part of the nerfing of the card)

How much do you spend on fast food?  See if it is "enough" so the extra 3% is worth an app!

I do cell phone and charity on both cards, because our vet counts as charity..

Message 7 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I use dc for daily spending yes. Charging netflix to my qs to keep it alive as ive decided to keep it for now.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.