Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash + Replacement Card Fee

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Cash + Replacement Card Fee

So, I've lost my card because I'm a clutz. Called to speak to CSR and request a new one -- get this: It's $25 to have it sent via UPS. I don't know of many other major card companies imposing this fee. It will eat whatever cashback I'd make from the purchases I've made thus far. 

Anyone had any success in getting this reversed or for free?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Cash + Replacement Card Fee

I have never hear of such a thing?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 2 of 24
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Looks like they are now doing nickel and diming......Just like Airlines.......You should not give up.....Try to talk to Manager and explain well......$25 is too much....

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 3 of 24
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

So what if you card is stolen? Or what if your account info was breached through Target or Home Depot? Will they charge you to replace it then?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 4 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

Kenny,

I asked for replacement card for my US Bank Cash+. They didn't charge me anything. It came in regular mail.

Ron.
Message 5 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
Kenny,

I asked for replacement card for my US Bank Cash+. They didn't charge me anything. It came in regular mail.

Ron.

Maybe the 25 fee is for it to get sent via ups ? If you use regular mail there's no extra charge 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 24
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

So, I've lost my card because I'm a clutz. Called to speak to CSR and request a new one -- get this: It's $25 to have it sent via UPS. I don't know of many other major card companies imposing this fee. It will eat whatever cashback I'd make from the purchases I've made thus far. 

Anyone had any success in getting this reversed or for free?

had a fraud alert on my Citi Hhonors card, they called me, and I told them the charges weren't mine, they canceled the card and sent me a new one, over night, I thought cool, then a couple days later I noticed a $8 fee, I sent a message via the website that I wasn't notified of the overnight fee, and I dnd't need it over-nighted, anyway, I was using my AMEX HHonors for most of my spend at the time. They removed the charge in a couple days. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 24
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@BluePoodle wrote:

So what if you card is stolen? Or what if your account info was breached through Target or Home Depot? Will they charge you to replace it then?

No, you totally can replace it through USPS but it will take 7-10 days... 

Message 8 of 24
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:
Kenny,

Ron.

How long did it actually take to get there? Or do you remember? Thanks Ron!

Message 9 of 24
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

$25 is for UPS shipping. Regular USPS shipping is free.

As far as expedited shipping, I know Chase and AMEX will do it for free.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.