Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash+ Requirements

tag
Blurbz
Contributor

Cash+ Requirements

Does anyone know the underwriting requirements for this card? I applied yesterday because I had to switch banks due to a move and went with US Bank. I have a 680-705 fico, one paid credit card charge off from 2008, an income of 125,000 and roughly 70k in student loans. I also recently opened 2 new accounts (within the last two months).
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pkosheta
Contributor

Re: Cash+ Requirements

As I recall, it has been said that US bank does not like recent apps. They are not as strict about it as PenFed, but 2 in 2 months may hurt you some, or cause a flat out denial, but if your credit is good they may let it slide if you have a relationship w. them.
Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 2 of 7
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

If you didn't know already, you can only apply at a branch. So if you can't go to a branch, you can't apply

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 7
bryan8392

@SwiftTone wrote:

If you didn't know already, you can only apply at a branch. So if you can't go to a branch, you can't apply

I went to a branch myself, but many people have said that they called in and applied.

Message 4 of 7
Blurbz
Contributor

Was approved for a 4k cash rewards card--simple 1% cash back.  Not particularly interesting to me.  Called the backdoor number and asked for Cash+ and they're working on it.  Kind of annoying!  

Message 5 of 7
Blurbz
Contributor

UPDATE:  After getting approved for the Cash Rewards card at 4K, I called the underwriting department (number from the backdoor numbers thread!) and asked if I could get reconsidered for a 5K limit and the Cash+ instead.  Underwriting told me it was possible and that I had to call the bank branch where I applied and ask them to do it.  The guy from underwriting gave me his extension to give the branch so they could communicate about the logistics of doing a manual review/reconsideration.  They called this morning and I was approved for 5k and the Cash+.  Very happy and very impressed with the level of customer service I received.  

Message 6 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Blurbz wrote:

UPDATE:  After getting approved for the Cash Rewards card at 4K, I called the underwriting department (number from the backdoor numbers thread!) and asked if I could get reconsidered for a 5K limit and the Cash+ instead.  Underwriting told me it was possible and that I had to call the bank branch where I applied and ask them to do it.  The guy from underwriting gave me his extension to give the branch so they could communicate about the logistics of doing a manual review/reconsideration.  They called this morning and I was approved for 5k and the Cash+.  Very happy and very impressed with the level of customer service I received.  

US Bank underwriters can't switch your card to a Cash+, but the regular CSR's can. Just call the number on the back of your card. It helps if you've had the card for 4 months or so, then someone has probably already reviewed your card and approved it for cash+ ahead of time, which makes the call extremely quick and painless.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.