Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Rewards Recon Navy

tag
mo15473
Contributor

Cash Rewards Recon Navy

Has anyone had any luck recently with NFCU recon via secured message? I was told to apply for a new credit card after being denided for my secured nreward to become unsecured.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cash Rewards Recon Navy

@mo15473 wrote:

Has anyone had any luck recently with NFCU recon via secured message? I was told to apply for a new credit card after being denided for my secured nreward to become unsecured.

yes, send a secure message saying you were told to apply for unsecured to get rid of your secured and you have built a good history with navy etc. etc.

Message 2 of 28
mo15473
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mo15473 wrote:

yes, send a secure message saying you were told to apply for unsecured to get rid of your secured and you have built a good history with navy etc. etc.

Cool I sent this message this morning. What do you think ? I really want to get rid of all my secured cards

Good Morning Navy Federal Credit Union Team,

I am writing in response to my recent application XXXXXXXXXXXXX that was submitted July 19,2014.  I would like to ask for reconsideration in this matter in reviewing my account with Navy Federal.  The reason I decided to apply for a cash rewards credit card because I would like to have it for everyday use shopping, paying bills, eating out, ext

Recently I was told by Navy Federal that my 2 secured credit cards that I had for over 13 months were unable to be converted to unsecured and that if I wanted an unsecured credit card to call or go online and apply for a new account and close my other secured accounts. Both of my secured cards were always paid on time, Also had low balances if not paid off as well as had over $10000 in purchases on them making it a combined total of over $20000 spent in a 13th month period.  That being said I decided to take the advice in which I received from the Navy Federal Reps I spoke with over the phone and via secured message on July 18, 2014 and close one of my secured credit cards in hopes of applying and receiving a new unsecured cash rewards credit card with a generous limit for everyday use.

To date I have all ways made sure my accounts with Navy federal have been in good standings. I even switch all my accounts from USAA to Navy Federal to build a better relationship, grow, as well as take part of the many different types of accounts Navy Federal has to offer to its members.  If giving the chance and granted with a new Cash Rewards credit card I can assure Navy Federal that all of my on time payments, low credit card balances, and accounts in good standings will not change in any way. In fact I believe that I can prove that even more within the first couple of statements. Based on credit worthiness I also give Navy Federal Full permission to pull all 3 of my credit reports from Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. Experian showing the most accounts in good standings for the past two years from other creditors and showing that I am responsible and able to pay my bills on time and can handle generous credit limits, pay them off in a timely matter, as well as the terms and conditions that was giving to me before extending credit.

I appreciate you taking the time to review my reconsideration and hearing my side of the story and know that any decision that is made on behalf of my application would be in good will and the generous part of Navy Federal credit card department and review team.

Respectfully

Message 3 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

great

Message 4 of 28
mo15473
Contributor

Will wait on a responce and update you. Hopefully they come back with good news. I know you are the NFCU king Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 28
mo15473
Contributor

Navy Federal Response 07/21/2014 : Thank you for your message. We received your inquiry as to why your recent credit card request was not approved. Because we take our members' concerns seriously, we conducted a second review of your application after it had been resubmitted.

However, after careful consideration, we have determined that we must stand behind our original decision. We regret that we are not able to reach a more favorable decision at this time.

Really are you serious. I think Navy Federal hate me. I am like so close to just leaving them and going back to USAA. Navy Federal didnt even bother pulling my other reports.

Message 6 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy almost never pulls anything other than EQ.
What is your score?
What was reason for denial?
Did you close both secured cards already?
Message 7 of 28
mo15473
Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
Navy almost never pulls anything other than EQ.
What is your score?
What was reason for denial?
Did you close both secured cards already?

To bad they didnt this time. They pulled TU and not at my request.

As you see I stated durning the recon letter I ask for them to pull EQ and EX just log on to both and they never did. 

EQ is 645 EX 670 due to recent app spree with Toyota at the dealer.

I just closed one of my Secured accounts on the 17th with them. This is so BS ugh now my account is closed and I have 3 credit cards insted of 4. 2 of them with NFCU

Why cant they just check another report where all the baddies are paid for or gone.

The thing that got me was too high revolving accounts. Are you serious all 3 of my cards have a less then 10% balance.

There reasons

• Serious delinquency and public record or collection filed
  • Number of accounts with delinquency
  • Delinquency
  • Proportion of balances to credit limits too high on revolving accts
  • Number of inquiries on credit bureau report.
  • Excessive credit obligations
  • Delinquent past or present credit obligations with others
  • Derogatory public record(s)

Message 8 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

So odd, I can't get them to pull anything other than EQ!
I'd try calling and asking them to pull an EQ and reconsider (don't hold your breath you get someone that knows how or will but maybe)
Message 9 of 28
mo15473
Contributor

Justed tried that twice. Did someone tick off that department off today or is there like only one person doing eveything because they are acting like aXX clowns.

I did kind of send a nasy secured message again after the follow up one they sent me.

To whom this my concern.

I am writing to say I am really disappointed in the way Navy Federal has handle my recent credit card application. I respectfully requested Navy Federal Pull my Experian or even Equifax to show my credit worthiness Experian showing the best results and that request was not fulfilled after checking all 3 of my credit reports and fico score again.

Since June of last year when I switch all of my accounts from USAA to Navy Federal I was told by a rep at the branch, over the phone, and by secured message that if I keep the 2 secured cards I had with Navy Federal for over 13 statements that my account would be reviewed to see if I am able to go unsecured. I would like to also add both of my secured cards were always paid on time and had low balances at the end of each statement. That being said my cards were unable to be unsecured at the end of the 13th statement and I was told to close my account and apply for a new unsecured credit card. 

July 17, 2014 I took the advice from Navy Federal I was giving and closed one of my secured credit cards in hope of receiving a new credit card with a generous limit for everyday use. Navy Federal has denied my application twice and now I am out another account that I could have kept open if I knew Navy Federal was not going to give me an unsecured credit card. Out of respect for your members why would Navy Federal reps tell me to cancel my credit card I hand in good standing for over 13 months? And apply for another card if I was not going to be approved. Now my average age of accounts and credit utilizations will suffer because I was giving incorrect advice from many Navy Federal Reps before closing and applying for a new account. 

To be honest this puts a bad taste in my mouth as a loyal member with Navy Federal having switch all of my accounts over from another institution with me because I have done nothing but hold up my end of the deal and Navy Federal has not. Over $20000 in credits cards spent with Navy Federal and now 1 card out to show for it. I also respectfully asked Navy Federal for reconsideration in Pulling from Experian and that request has yet to be granted after checking all the of my reports as well as fico scores. This really makes me think do I really want to be a part of Navy Federal if I am going to continue to get the run around and not treated with fairness. Please take this into consideration as a loyal member who has also brought along other family members that have join and became new members and has always kept my account in good standing with you. I appreciate your time.

Respectfully

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.