Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash advance, Bank Transfer, or BT/cash checks with Barclay Ring

tag
Built2last
New Contributor

Cash advance, Bank Transfer, or BT/cash checks with Barclay Ring

I just received the Barclay Ring card with 8% APR, $10000 limit, and $1 cash advance fee.  I plan on using the card for emergencies where I might need to carry a balance for a few months.  I have a few balances coming off 0% cards in the next few month for a total of around $3000.  I would like to move these balances to my Ring card but I am not sure what is the best way to do it.  If I got a $3000 cash advance, I could deposit it into my checking and pay off the other cards.  Would this spook Barclay?  Would it look better in the eyes of my other lenders if I "paid" off there cards rather than did a BT or does it even matter?  BT through Barclay take up to 4 weeks which isn't very convenient.  I would just rather take a cash advance or use a cash advance/BT check from Barclay but don't want to spook them either.  With just a $1 cash advance fee it appears Barclay is encouraging you to take a cash advance.  Any advice from Ring card holders would be appreciated.

photo chase-freedom-personal_zps7d0f91f4.png">
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Built2last
New Contributor

Re: Cash advance, Bank Transfer, or BT/cash checks with Barclay Ring

Anyone with a Barclay Ring who has done a BT or cash advance able to comment on this?

photo chase-freedom-personal_zps7d0f91f4.png">
Message 2 of 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Cash advance, Bank Transfer, or BT/cash checks with Barclay Ring

Why not just call and ask about paying off other cards if it would be a problem. At least they should have it recorded if you run into a problem. They want to make your 8% they make nothing if you don't use your card. The only time I use the card is if I carry a balance car repair etc.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.