Cash advance credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cash advance credit card

@takeshi74 wrote:redpat wrote:

Who has need for a machine that vends ATM's? Smiley Very Happy

RAS syndrome strikes again.

Are you from the Department of Redundancies Department?

Message 41 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any CC that lets you take a cash advance and gives you a grace period before the interest hits?

Also, what is the best cash advance credit card (lowest rates, lowest fees, etc)

In mho, the best cash advance card is Western FCU's Fixed-Rate VISA, adverised as low as 8.99% F with no cash advance fees and no BT fees either.

Message 42 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
There's never a grace period on cash advances. Try to exhaust every possible option before resorting to that. There's no 'best' card for it because it's not intended to be done repeatedly.

I believe the barclay ring has no cash advance fee (or a low one) but it's still not a good idea to do it unless necessary, and with your rapid increase in credit, you may find barclay a tough approval right now.

Ring used to be $1 fee per cash advance, now currently $3 fee per cash advance, AFAIK.

Message 43 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ring!  $3 fee, 8.24% apr.  They don't scare easily on cash advances on that particular card.  I think they understand that's going to be a lot of the business done on that card is BT and cash advance.  I've done several and they've never scared.  Beyond that I would look to credit union for cards with favorable cash advance terms.  None that I'm aware of offer a grace period.

I will say on Ring that I've deposited cash advance checks into my bank account and they have always labeled the balance as 'available' immediately.  I've never cashed one for straight paper but they probably would allow that.  Your bank may vary.  Then of course it takes a few biz days for the check to post back to my Ring account.  That could be considered a grace period of sorts.. I suppose.

I've also used my Ring for cash advances a few times in the past as well, no AA to report here either though.

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.