cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash advance on a CSP-how much did it cost me?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Cash advance on a CSP-how much did it cost me?

Its more the fact of not having debit on them, yet carrying credit. While this particular cash advance wasnt very costly, its nothing one should make a habit of, and that was the point.

Message 31 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a cynical mood tonight, but you could have bought the guy outside asking for change a 12 pack on your CSP and he woulda fished a 5 dollar bill out of his pants for you, all for less money.

Message 32 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase emailed me back. I will see the fee credited on my next statement later in August.

Lesson learned! I put that debit card back in my wallet today. lol

Probably going to get a new wallet this weekend. This front pocket wallet is too small and I need to carry more cards...as we saw in the previous lesson I just learned.

Thanks for all the guidance!

Message 33 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase emailed me back. I will see the fee credited on my next statement later in August.

Lesson learned! I put that debit card back in my wallet today. lol

Probably going to get a new wallet this weekend. This front pocket wallet is too small and I need to carry more cards...as we saw in the previous lesson I just learned.

Thanks for all the guidance!

A Discover card would do you better service with Cashover available at some retailers.

Message 34 of 53
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

A lot of people in this thread act like using cash advance is the end of the world, and that's not true. If you need cash right away and don't have a debit card with you go ahead and use it. What card issuers don't like is if you use cash advance regularly or taking out huge chunck of money. Those behaviors are what will set them off. For one-time occurance it is perfectfly fine.

By the way you will not lose grace period by taking out cash advances. You only lose grace period if you do not pay the balance in full when the due date comes.

In TC's case you will be responsible of 1 day of cash advance interest + cash advance fee. The fee is the greatest amount here.

Message 35 of 53
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

It is what it is OP, we weren't there when you needed the $5 and don't know what the situtaion was. Just take it as a lesson learned and move on. I always make my debit card a priority when going anywhere. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 36 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

May i ask how you got the $5 cash advance??? Im assuming you purchased something at that store and asked for $5 back? 

Just curious Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 53
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Ive never heard of getting 5 bucks in cash back or at an ATM. Generally the minimum is at least 10 bucks which is why this is strange
Message 38 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Ive never heard of getting 5 bucks in cash back or at an ATM. Generally the minimum is at least 10 bucks which is why this is strange

That is why im puzzled and want to know Smiley Tongue

Message 39 of 53
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I once tried taking out cash with my debit card at a Chase ATM and it would only give me $20s. (I needed a $10 for my hair dresser's tip, wound up just taking the $20 and getting her to make change)

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.