Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash+ arrived however...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Cash+ arrived however...

I have read and heard that the rewards had gone down hill but now that I fought so hard for this card I feel like I put up the fight for the wrong card!!

I took 5% on Cell Phone

2% on Starbucks

2% on Groceries

That is very lack luster... We buy 75% of groceries from Amazon Fresh so I use Amazon Visa as the store card is not accepted. The other 25% of our groceries come from Goodeggs an organic grocery delivery like Amazon Fresh so I will test it to make sure it even gets the 2% from Cash+ otherwise I'll move it back to Double Cash.

Does USbank have any really good cards that I should consider PC into later or getting next time?

The business Cash Rewards we got from USbank sounds better (it covers utilities and stuff, why doesn't the personal card cover those!?!)

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Cash+ arrived however...

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have read and heard that the rewards had gone down hill but now that I fought so hard for this card I feel like I put up the fight for the wrong card!!

I took 5% on Cell Phone

2% on Starbucks

2% on Groceries

That is very lack luster... We buy 75% of groceries from Amazon Fresh so I use Amazon Visa as the store card is not accepted. The other 25% of our groceries come from Goodeggs an organic grocery delivery like Amazon Fresh so I will test it to make sure it even gets the 2% from Cash+ otherwise I'll move it back to Double Cash.

Does USbank have any really good cards that I should consider PC into later or getting next time?

The business Cash Rewards we got from USbank sounds better (it covers utilities and stuff, why doesn't the personal card cover those!?!)

You got the card anyway though. What other US Bank cards do you have?

Maybe that Kroger Visa might interest you. It's really easy to get.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I took 5% on Cell Phone

2% on Starbucks

2% on Groceries

Kroger is a good card? we dont' go to grocerie stores (we order!)

Yes, we got the Cash+ (after 2 recons by me and 1 by personal banker... my recon was the one that worked! go figured bankers never know who to call and bitch at!)

We also have the Business Cash Rewards and the Business Charge Card from USbank.

Message 3 of 33
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I took 5% on Cell Phone

2% on Starbucks

2% on Groceries

Kroger is a good card? we dont' go to grocerie stores (we order!)

Yes, we got the Cash+ (after 2 recons by me and 1 by personal banker... my recon was the one that worked! go figured bankers never know who to call and bitch at!)

We also have the Business Cash Rewards and the Business Charge Card from USbank.

You get 3x points for every dollar you spend on Kroger brand stuff, 2x points on Kroger family stores except fuel centers and 1x points on everything else. Did you also take a look at the Flexperks cards? Ron1 has one of those. He says it's a lot like the WF Propel ones.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

You listed two 2% categories and one 5% category. My understanding it's the other way around. I was just approved for one and haven't received it yet.  I am planning Cell Phone for one of the 5% and am debating Sporting Goods or Electronics for the other 5%. (I need to see if DH has golf purchases planned in the near future). The 2% don't interest me right now with Freedom and Discover both having 5% restaurants, but I'll likely pick restaurants for 2% just because I am set on groceries and fuel with BCP and SM. 

Message 5 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You listed two 2% categories and one 5% category. My understanding it's the other way around. I was just approved for one and haven't received it yet.  I am planning Cell Phone for one of the 5% and am debating Sporting Goods or Electronics for the other 5%. (I need to see if DH has golf purchases planned in the near future). The 2% don't interest me right now with Freedom and Discover both having 5% restaurants, but I'll likely pick restaurants for 2% just because I am set on groceries and fuel with BCP and SM. 

sorry starbucks and cell phone for 5%

Message 6 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, there should be 2 5% categories.  Also don't think "Starbucks" is a category!

Message 7 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, there should be 2 5% categories.  Also don't think "Starbucks" is a category!

starbucks showed up under as a verified partner of one of the categories... let me look.

Message 8 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

starbucks showed up under as a verified partner of one of the categories... let me look.

FAST FOOD!

Explore Cash+ Categories:

Fast Food

Below is a partial list of popular merchants in this category.¹ While this list can be a helpful guide, U.S. Bank does not control how individual merchants or purchases are categorized.²

Arby's™Cold Stone Creamery®Jack in the Box®Qdoba® Mexican Grill
Baja Fresh®Cracker Barrel®Jamba Juice®Quiznos®
Baskin RobbinsCulver's®Jimmy John's®Sbarro
Big Boy®Dairy QueenKFC™Sonic
Bob Evans®Del TacoKrispy Kreme Dougnuts®Starbucks™
Boston Market®Denny'sMcDonald's®Steak 'n Shake®
Bruegger's BagelsDomino's® Noodles & Company®Subway®
Burger King®Dunkin' Donuts®Panda ExpressTaco Bell®
Caribou Coffee™Firehouse SubsPanera Bread®Taco John's®
Carl's Jr.®Five Guys®Papa John'sWendy's®
Chick-fil-A®Fuddruckers®Papa Murphy's®White Castle®
Chipotle Mexican GrillHardee's®Popeyes® 
Chuck E. Cheese's®In-N-Out Burger®Potbelly
Message 9 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It's the only card that gives me 5% for gym membership. I threw in fast food for cheat day.
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.