Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash back rewards question

tag
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Cash back rewards question

I have several cash back rewards cards, including AMEX BCE, Discover It, Chase FU, Cap1 QS1, and BoA.

My question is about when the rewards are tallied. My Cap1 QS1 seems to award them immediately upon purchase but several others don't. Do I need to wait for the statements to cut before making payments so I don't lose the rewards? If I keep the cards PIF a day or two after purchases, will this prevent me from accumulating cash rewards?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cash back rewards question

Pif should not keep you from accumulating cash rewards.
Message 2 of 6
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I know Chase doesn't count into the UR pool until the statement cuts.  There is a place in the online account where you can look at what you've accumulated this cycle.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 3 of 6
python0704
New Contributor

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

I have several cash back rewards cards, including AMEX BCE, Discover It, Chase FU, Cap1 QS1, and BoA.

My question is about when the rewards are tallied. My Cap1 QS1 seems to award them immediately upon purchase but several others don't. Do I need to wait for the statements to cut before making payments so I don't lose the rewards? If I keep the cards PIF a day or two after purchases, will this prevent me from accumulating cash rewards?

Amex shows your rewards when next statement cuts. Discover, Chase and BOA show it when current statement cuts. No experience with Cap 1.

Message 4 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@python0704 wrote:

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

Amex shows your rewards when next statement cuts. Discover, Chase and BOA show it when current statement cuts. No experience with Cap 1.

Like someone previously mentioned CapOne posts rewards for purchases right away. With AMEX one thing to keep in mind is that you need a minimum 25 reward dollars before any kind of redemption can be done.

Message 5 of 6
Skymogul
New Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Like someone previously mentioned CapOne posts rewards for purchases right away. With AMEX one thing to keep in mind is that you need a minimum 25 reward dollars before any kind of redemption can be done.

+1. My Cap1 Venture and QS both post rewards as soon as the transaction moves from pending to cleared.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.