Cash +

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: Cash +

Do you already have an

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Congrats, OP!

I was doing some thinking this week on future CC goals...though majority of the credit cards i'd like to apply for will likely be further down the road (and who knows, cards could be discontinued and new ones pop up), this is one of them that falls into the "sooner than later" list, considering I live outside their service area.

I can apply on...! January 2nd, 2015. I'll be in Phoenix then for a conference, and there are multiple branches in the city. Otherwise I have no other plans for travel to a US Bank servicing area before then :X and if the card isn't around by then, or the rewards are nerfed to the point of uselessness, oh well!

I'd rather wait, though...getting an AMEX soon and having that year and a half of no new CCs will be nice Smiley Happy

account with them? I was able to apply by phone because of my previous relationship with them....could work for you too...

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 11 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@resilient wrote:

Do you already have an

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Congrats, OP!

I was doing some thinking this week on future CC goals...though majority of the credit cards i'd like to apply for will likely be further down the road (and who knows, cards could be discontinued and new ones pop up), this is one of them that falls into the "sooner than later" list, considering I live outside their service area.

I can apply on...! January 2nd, 2015. I'll be in Phoenix then for a conference, and there are multiple branches in the city. Otherwise I have no other plans for travel to a US Bank servicing area before then :X and if the card isn't around by then, or the rewards are nerfed to the point of uselessness, oh well!

I'd rather wait, though...getting an AMEX soon and having that year and a half of no new CCs will be nice Smiley Happy

account with them? I was able to apply by phone because of my previous relationship with them....could work for you too...

No current bank accounts with them...I would open up an online banking account, but i have 4 different banks i have multiple accounts with already, and that makes my head spin XD

Thanks for the recommendation, though! If i ever get the itch, that's a great "shortcut"!

Message 12 of 17
resilient
Established Contributor

I hear ya.... I have PenFed, USAA, another local credit union, and an old citi bank account......just keep em open now for the credit relationships 

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Do you already have an

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Congrats, OP!

No current bank accounts with them...I would open up an online banking account, but i have 4 different banks i have multiple accounts with already, and that makes my head spin XD

Thanks for the recommendation, though! If i ever get the itch, that's a great "shortcut"!

Smiley Wink

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 13 of 17
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

US Bank is very funny about the Cash Plus card. When I applied they only approved me for the Cash Rewards card. I never even activated the card or made a purchase on it, and a few months later they upgraded me over the phone.

Message 14 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats! Remember to pick your 5% categories! Smiley Happy
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 17
resilient
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Grats! Remember to pick your 5% categories! Smiley Happy

I just logged in to see if it showed up yet...it did, with a hypen for the credit line, but I noticed choose your 5% categories....click the link, type my last name, zip code and last four, and it does not recognize my info..guess I'll have to wait unti the whole account processes, even though I have an account number already!

Message 16 of 17
resilient
Established Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

US Bank is very funny about the Cash Plus card. When I applied they only approved me for the Cash Rewards card. I never even activated the card or made a purchase on it, and a few months later they upgraded me over the phone.

Wish they did that to me, could've saved a HP Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.