cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback people, largest amount you've earned in rewards in one month/year.

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

Cashback people, largest amount you've earned in rewards in one month/year.

Got my QS a month ago and have already earned $148(includes $100 bonus). Now that I have  the Freedom too, looking to have a big payout once I cash in some time in the next six months.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Cashback people, largest amount you've earned in rewards in one month/year.

@delaney1 wrote:

Got my QS a month ago and have already earned $148(includes $100 bonus). Now that I have  the Freedom too, looking to have a big payout once I cash in some time in the next six months.

Between my QS sign up bonus and monthly rewards earned using the QuickSilver and BCP I hope to have close to $400 by Christmas, which will go along way towards my holiday budget. 

I know this is 'small potatoes' to a lot of folks on here, but with my relatively low spending if I can get $25-$30 a month in rewards I feel like I'm doing good.  Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started to use cashback almost a year ago but I get much better value by using points. The freedom grocery cartegory was the best I've ever done but travel trumps cashback for me at the moment.
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My American Express gave me 10000 points and really went through all the offers and I'm almost at $200 mark since February.

Chase Freedom I got the $200 and 25 bucks for the authorized user

Dallas Cowboys extra points MasterCard I met their spend and pocketed about 110

Nbacompass card about 205 since May.
And bringing up the rear is a new Quicksilver I got. met their spend by paying cell phone and traffic ticket
Message 4 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

It just depends on spend and "spend".   I was getting $2K per month in the golden days, and many were getting much more.

Message 5 of 34
delaney1
Established Contributor

Awesome cash back reports!

@longtimelurker wrote:

It just depends on spend and "spend".   I was getting $2K per month in the golden days, and many were getting much more.

Is "spend" buying gift cards?

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just redeemed all of my cash-back, absent bonuses and it was $563 amongst all of my cards. Will have to wait until next year to get our Sam's Mastercard bonus check.
Message 7 of 34
noobody
Established Contributor

During the glory hay days of Cash+ unlimited 5% cash back on bill pay, people pay tens thousands on company utility bill, rack them so fast, US bank doesn't know what hit them.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 8 of 34
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I'm a low spender but I somehow manage to rack up $30+ of rewards on Sallie Mae every 2 months or so. I think I'm at about 2800 points right now. Smiley Happy

The only real sign-up bonus I've gotten is for Chase's Freedom ($100); I did get $25 for Sallie Mae but that's pretty small. I don't really go for bonuses; I try to think long-term and get the cards that will make me the most money over time. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 9 of 34
delaney1
Established Contributor

@noobody wrote:
During the glory hay days of Cash+ unlimited 5% cash back on bill pay, people pay tens thousands on company utility bill, rack them so fast, US bank doesn't know what hit them.

Wow! Someone didn't think that through. LOL

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.