cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashed in Barclays Rewards points to get ball rolling...

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Cashed in Barclays Rewards points to get ball rolling...

Since I was approved for Sallie Mae last month for $1200, I wanted to call Barclays and see about combining limits.. So tonight I cashed out my 12,730 pts, and have a $0 balance on my Rewards MC, and is a year old.

My rewards limit is $4530, and Im gonna call tomorrow and see if I can transfer that CL to my SM.....This is my first time ever doing something like this....

With any luck...My Sallie Mae will have a new limit of $5730...Smiley Happy

Just a quick thought before I preceed tomorrow.....Should I wait another year before trying , to show 2 yrs of history on the rewards, and one year on SM?? Some of you also know that I went on an app spree last month and got several cards.  Should I let the dust settle for awhile,or does it matter? Im super nervous,  if you cant tell LOL...

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Cashed in Barclays Rewards points to get ball rolling...

Doesn't matter. Do it!! I transferred RMC and US Airways to Ring and closed both. Analyst will just put u on brief hold to make sure accts are in good standing. Easy peasy.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Since I was approved for Sallie Mae last month for $1200, I wanted to call Barclays and see about combining limits.. So tonight I cashed out my 12,730 pts, and have a $0 balance on my Rewards MC, and is a year old.

My rewards limit is $4530, and Im gonna call tomorrow and see if I can transfer that CL to my SM.....This is my first time ever doing something like this....

With any luck...My Sallie Mae will have a new limit of $5730...Smiley Happy

Just a quick thought before I preceed tomorrow.....Should I wait another year before trying , to show 2 yrs of history on the rewards, and one year on SM?? Some of you also know that I went on an app spree last month and got several cards.  Should I let the dust settle for awhile,or does it matter? Im super nervous,  if you cant tell LOL...

Just do it.

Message 3 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OK...If you guys say its ok, then it will be. LOLSmiley Wink

Im also contacting Cap One tomorrow about my QS1 MC. Want it converted to WMC, or close it. Im also gonna ask just for **its and giggles, if they will transfer the limit to my Venture, LOL...knowing they won't.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
OK...If you guys say its ok, then it will be. LOLSmiley Wink

Im also contacting Cap One tomorrow about my QS1 MC. Want it converted to WMC, or close it. Im also gonna ask just for **its and giggles, if they will transfer the limit to my Venture, LOL...knowing they won't.

My bet is you'll end up closing it. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 20
northface28
Established Contributor

Im saying this as a concerned user, just stop, youre doing too much, too fast.  You seriously need to relax.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@northface28 wrote:

Im saying this as a concerned user, just stop, youre doing too much, too fast.  You seriously need to relax.

Normally i'd agree.

But anything that results in a QS1 being converted or closed I applaud. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 20
northface28
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Normally i'd agree.

But anything that results in a QS1 being converted or closed I applaud. Smiley Happy

Perhaps. but im willing to bet Barclays will give her a stern talking to. They did to me and I havent done nearly as much wreckage as her.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 8 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

oh boy...Well, now Ive lost that edge, due to NF. Smiley Sad I guess Ill just sit tight now for a year Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop that!

Where's that gumption that posessed you to app spree last month?!

Go on and consolidate, you know you want to. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.