Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cathay Visa/VS is now live

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Cathay Visa/VS is now live

From what I've read on other forums it is a TU pull, id like to see data points as well
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Just Applied. Will see what happends. 50k wulould have been nice!  Great premium product recently flew Business class from AK to the Philippines. Very nice!

I like flying Cathay too as they fly to CRK as well..

Going to Philippines this July.. Found a much better deal on Asiana to CRK as well.

Message 12 of 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I'd been waiting for this to card to launch for a few months. Was kind of hoping the bonus would be 50k since one-way redemptions generally start at 40k LAX-Asia. The nice thing about Asia Miles is you can redeem SPG or MR for 1:1 Asia Miles so there's some flexibility there. CX arguably has one of the best premium products in the industry.

CX is fine, but i think a lot of the airlines get overhyped. With such a paltry signup bonus i think i would pass. The one thing CX really has going for it is the lounges in HK. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I flew first class from LAX to HKG a few back thanks to my Alaska miles.  Definitely a great experience.

Message 14 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Can you imagine if this was Chase backed card, we'd be 10 pages deep by nowSmiley Wink

Best of luck to all who applySmiley Happy
Message 15 of 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I flew first class from LAX to HKG a few back thanks to my Alaska miles.  Definitely a great experience.

I flew Bkk-HKG-JFK , the last leg was in first as well. It wasn't a horrible experience per se, but CX miles in general i don't find the best value with. I used AA miles before the devaluation to fly on CX. Bad Value + small signup bonus isn't worth it for me, I am pretty frugal with my HP thought , I had to really think about even apping for CSR last year. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Can you imagine if this was Chase backed card, we'd be 10 pages deep by nowSmiley Wink

Best of luck to all who applySmiley Happy

Not much love for Synchrony Bank?

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI I posted a link on this either yesterday or the day before and I believe there were some data points on there from a couple who applied. (In case anyone wants to learn more about this card) IIRC it was a strange application process and someone called to talk to them about it.
Message 18 of 27
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I posted under application link yesterday regarding the strange app experience I had. Manual approvals only no instant approvals. Seemed to be a lot of concern regarding the potential for fraud with this card however I am not quite sure why?

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update..I applied on 2/13, the first day it was available, no instant approval.  I have heard nothing since, but I did just get a Credit Karma alert that a new account was added and sure enough it is the Cathay Visa. Hopefully they send out the card soon.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.