Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central National Bank Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Central National Bank Credit Card

Hi everyone! I was reading about the Central National Bank Credit Card and was wondering if anyone had it or could tell me more about it?

https://centralnational.com/personal/lending.asp

It says that it earns 3x points at Grocery Stores, Gas Stations, Discount Stores, and Restaurants and 1x point on all other purchases.. Now that sounds extremely generous to me! My question is does 1 point = 1 dollar? Also, does Walmart count as a discount store? Their website says that they use MCC - 5310 for discount stores.

My final question is, do you have to live within a certain region to be approved for this credit card?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Central National Bank Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone! I was reading about the Central National Bank Credit Card and was wondering if anyone had it or could tell me more about it?

https://centralnational.com/personal/lending.asp

It says that it earns 3x points at Grocery Stores, Gas Stations, Discount Stores, and Restaurants and 1x point on all other purchases.. Now that sounds extremely generous to me! My question is does 1 point = 1 dollar? Also, does Walmart count as a discount store? Their website says that they use MCC - 5310 for discount stores.

My final question is, do you have to live within a certain region to be approved for this credit card?

Thanks!

I've never heard of this bank; however, the card itself is issued by UMB Bank. I would assume as this is the case, it would be geographically restricted. I think there are better known banks that issue the same, better or slightly different rewards and they would be far better options. 

I do not think you are going to get many responses about this bank or card here. It would probably be best for your to call them and ask them these questions. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Central National Bank Credit Card

Thanks. I called Central National and they couldn't really answer my questions because the card is actually from UMB. When you search for the UMB Simply Rewards Card, there are previous posts on this forum that answered my questions.

And they are not in my service area...but Huntington Voice Triple Rewards is! So next month, I'll apply for that. I really need a 3% card for Walmart.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.