Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion Acquired/Card Collection Complete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Centurion Acquired/Card Collection Complete

@Anonymous wrote:

Cant reply to the other thread for some reason.

Tanner, closing that Cap 1 (and other cards you no longer use) wont have any direct impact on your credit history. They will still report as closed, paid as agreed TLs for the next 10 years and continue to contribute to your AAoA.

I couldnt either for some reason.

To my knowledege it doesnt hurt any just to leave it in the drawer. I use it every now and then for gum or gas.

Message 51 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 52 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Tanner, closing that Cap 1 (and other cards you no longer use) wont have any direct impact on your credit history. They will still report as closed, paid as agreed TLs for the next 10 years and continue to contribute to your AAoA.

To my knowledege it doesnt hurt any just to leave it in the drawer. I use it every now and then for gum or gas.

True. Just personal preference I guess but I prefer to close unused tradelines rather than have to worry about whipping them out and paying it off every so often.

Message 53 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats

Thanks. Have you decided on palladium yet?

Message 54 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

True. Just personal preference I guess but I prefer to close unused tradelines rather than have to worry about whipping them out and paying it off every so often.

I may cancel it. The card is about to expire and I called to inquire if a new one will be sent. The rep proceeded to change account numbers and say it will be here in 7 days. That was not what I wanted but she didnt seem to understand me.

Message 55 of 125
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I'm not taking sides, but why would Tanner go out of his way buy props on eBay  just to impress people on a forum he does not really know. It's just as silly to make him go through all those obsticles. No one obliges you to believe him, so just move on if you believe it to be fake. Tanner: what fees did you have to pay? Thanks

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 56 of 125
dnice77
Regular Contributor

Well i say congratulations !!!!

Some on the board will critizie why would you pay a 5k fee for a card or a 450 fe for a platinum but its your money so i applaud you, if thats what you wanted go get it....

If you dont mind when you sned in bank statments etc are you a high network individual ?

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 57 of 125
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I set up a Cap One card to pay my TU Quarterly Monitoring from this site.  I have my checking account set up to make the payment automatically the next day.  And I set an alert on the account to notify me if the balance ever goes above $5.  I don't worry about using the card to keep it active, and because of the alert, I don't worry about checking it to make sure there are no unrecognized charges (though I do still occasionally log in).  It was good that I set the alert, because I had a yearly membership I had forgotten about that was set up for auto renewal on that card. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 58 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnice77 wrote:

Well i say congratulations !!!!

Some on the board will critizie why would you pay a 5k fee for a card or a 450 fe for a platinum but its your money so i applaud you, if thats what you wanted go get it....

If you dont mind when you sned in bank statments etc are you a high network individual ?

Delta namely. They requested bank statements and investements.

Message 59 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Walt_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I set up a Cap One card to pay my TU Quarterly Monitoring from this site.  I have my checking account set up to make the payment automatically the next day.  And I set an alert on the account to notify me if the balance ever goes above $5.  I don't worry about using the card to keep it active, and because of the alert, I don't worry about checking it to make sure there are no unrecognized charges (though I do still occasionally log in).  It was good that I set the alert, because I had a yearly membership I had forgotten about that was set up for auto renewal on that card. 

Its just bazzar that they would cancel the card on the spot. I dont know. There a really weird company.

Message 60 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.