Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion Acquired/Card Collection Complete

tag
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: Centurion Acquired/Card Collection Complete

Can you give us a ballpark of your bank assets and investments? If you managed to get it it might not be as strict as advertised

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 61 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cant reply to the other thread for some reason.

Tanner, closing that Cap 1 (and other cards you no longer use) wont have any direct impact on your credit history. They will still report as closed, paid as agreed TLs for the next 10 years and continue to contribute to your AAoA.

I couldnt either for some reason.

To my knowledege it doesnt hurt any just to leave it in the drawer. I use it every now and then for gum or gas.

True. Just personal preference I guess but I prefer to close unused tradelines rather than have to worry about whipping them out and paying it off every so often.

I may cancel it. The card is about to expire and I called to inquire if a new one will be sent. The rep proceeded to change account numbers and say it will be here in 7 days. That was not what I wanted but she didnt seem to understand me.

lol....ah Cap One and its "customer service"  Smiley Sad

Message 62 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cant reply to the other thread for some reason.

Tanner, closing that Cap 1 (and other cards you no longer use) wont have any direct impact on your credit history. They will still report as closed, paid as agreed TLs for the next 10 years and continue to contribute to your AAoA.

I couldnt either for some reason.

To my knowledege it doesnt hurt any just to leave it in the drawer. I use it every now and then for gum or gas.

True. Just personal preference I guess but I prefer to close unused tradelines rather than have to worry about whipping them out and paying it off every so often.

I may cancel it. The card is about to expire and I called to inquire if a new one will be sent. The rep proceeded to change account numbers and say it will be here in 7 days. That was not what I wanted but she didnt seem to understand me.

lol....ah Cap One and its "customer service"  Smiley Sad

Chaos in its most extreme form.

Message 63 of 125
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Each time I deal with Capital One I get a different answer. What sort of assets and investments do you have Tanner? I'm interested to see if I come close and how within reach the Centurion is

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 64 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@espnjunkie wrote:

Each time I deal with Capital One I get a different answer. What sort of assets and investments do you have Tanner? I'm interested to see if I come close and how within reach the Centurion is

Same. Maybe its best to kick them to the curb? I have some assets that I inherited, my job, and several investments that came in the form of a UTMA. Sorry, I wont go into dollar figures here. I learned that the hard way on this forum.

Message 65 of 125
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I'm not asking for exact amounts, moreso just a ballpark of asset amounts. Feel free to PM me

I am not trying to pry, moreso am just curious about what it takes to get this card

TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 66 of 125
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 67 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's interesting, I guess the # of hard inquiries or new apps over a short time don't matter very much when wer're talking about products at this level.

I know I am wary of getting any more hard inquiries until mine drop off over the next couple years.

Message 68 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@espnjunkie wrote:

I'm not asking for exact amounts, moreso just a ballpark of asset amounts. Feel free to PM me

I am not trying to pry, moreso am just curious about what it takes to get this card

Will PM you shortly. Wrapping up at the office now. If you have any other questions that are more personal than general feel free to PM me aswell.

Message 69 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's interesting, I guess the # of hard inquiries or new apps over a short time don't matter very much when wer're talking about products at this level.

I know I am wary of getting any more hard inquiries until mine drop off over the next couple years.

I think im done apping for anything for atleast a year. I enjoy what I currently have and the rewards work well for me. Garden time! Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.