Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card


Uncle_Money wrote:

I just called the Centurion department to see if I had an invite.. nothing yet! They noted my account for interest.

 

I meet their minimum spend amount of $250K per year between my personal and business platinum accounts so I'm eagerly awaiting an invite, which I'm going to take when the time comes!

 

What can I say, UM is a sucker for the CC status Smiley Happy


Hey why not if you can afford it. Most of us if we could afford it, we would go for it. I know I would Smiley Happy




Regular Contributor
Posts: 216
Registered: ‎07-20-2011
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card


CS800 wrote:

TheBronxBomber wrote:

Walt_K wrote:

Doesn't it give mid-tier elite status to a few airlines.  I could see it potentially being worthwhile to a person who travels a moderate amount but doesn't consolidate their travel to one airline. 


I travel at least 75 flights a year. I fly Delta majority of the time. Now, I'm not going to lie, I would love to open my wallet and see a Centurion card. It's great looking card.

Bronx you are a high roller like Tanner Smiley Happy


Haaa! Well. I'm 41! I've worked for myself since I was 17. A lot of ups and downs.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎06-08-2009
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card

HmmmmmmmmmSmiley Surprised

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 216
Registered: ‎07-20-2011
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card


CS800 wrote:

Uncle_Money wrote:

I just called the Centurion department to see if I had an invite.. nothing yet! They noted my account for interest.

 

I meet their minimum spend amount of $250K per year between my personal and business platinum accounts so I'm eagerly awaiting an invite, which I'm going to take when the time comes!

 

What can I say, UM is a sucker for the CC status Smiley Happy


Hey why not if you can afford it. Most of us if we could afford it, we would go for it. I know I would Smiley Happy


I could definitely afford the fee. I'm just not sure if it's necessary.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card


TheBronxBomber wrote:

CS800 wrote:

TheBronxBomber wrote:

Walt_K wrote:

Doesn't it give mid-tier elite status to a few airlines.  I could see it potentially being worthwhile to a person who travels a moderate amount but doesn't consolidate their travel to one airline. 


I travel at least 75 flights a year. I fly Delta majority of the time. Now, I'm not going to lie, I would love to open my wallet and see a Centurion card. It's great looking card.

Bronx you are a high roller like Tanner Smiley Happy


Haaa! Well. I'm 41! I've worked for myself since I was 17. A lot of ups and downs.

You have earned it Smiley Happy




Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 547
Registered: ‎07-28-2008
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card

The Centurion rep also told me not even that department knows what the criteria is for this card. He said the home office doesn't disclose this information!

 

Pretty wild!

786 FICO Score as of June 2016

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,070
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card


Uncle_Money wrote:

I just called the Centurion department to see if I had an invite.. nothing yet! They noted my account for interest.

 

I meet their minimum spend amount of $250K per year between my personal and business platinum accounts so I'm eagerly awaiting an invite, which I'm going to take when the time comes!

 

What can I say, UM is a sucker for the CC status Smiley Happy


I thought the word was that they raised it to $500K per year when they went back to invite only.  But that's only from reading speculation on the web.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card

I think it;s still at $250k annual spending.




Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,070
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card


CS800 wrote:

I think it;s still at $250k annual spending.


http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/creditcardblog/luxury-credit-cards/

 

Not saying this is definitive.  Just one of the things I recall seeing.  Lots of other speculation out there as well if you run a google search.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card


Walt_K wrote:

CS800 wrote:

I think it;s still at $250k annual spending.


http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/creditcardblog/luxury-credit-cards/

 

Not saying this is definitive.  Just one of the things I recall seeing.  Lots of other speculation out there as well if you run a google search.


So many speculations. I also read that they removed the 'invitation only' back in 2006 Smiley Happy

 

Bronx, did they tell you what the min spending is to get the centurion?




Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.