Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion Vs. Platinum Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card

What did I miss? Centurion is next on my list due to several benifits such as airline status. See flyertalk posts if you think its a status symbol. 1 guy had his only noticed a few times a year. No one where I live would care.

They are not issueing invites at this time.

Message 21 of 111
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

CS, the rep told me that it was a minimum 250k to receive the invitation.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 22 of 111
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What did I miss? Centurion is next on my list due to several benifits such as airline status. See flyertalk posts if you think its a status symbol. 1 guy had his only noticed a few times a year. No one where I live would care.

They are not issueing invites at this time.

Tanner, Bronx is looking to get the Centurion. Both you and him are our myfico high rollers Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Min is 250K. They care more about history then spend. Told me you can spend 7 figures but if you dont have the history, dont expect an invite. 

Invites are not currently being sent... You could always ask for a card though.  1-877-877-0987

Message 24 of 111
CS800
Super Contributor

$250k it is. Initial fee of $7500 yikes !!

Message 25 of 111
Open123
Super Contributor

Do you guys know if it's per cardholder, or the entire firm?

Our firm spends total in excess of 250k per year, but each of us is less.  Do they base the criteria on aggregate spending of all cardmembers, or on an individual basis?

Message 26 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh CS come on! lol Its made of metal remember? Haha but seriously after a few years it would make several thousands of dollars. Tieing it with SPG seems very smart.

Message 27 of 111
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Min is 250K. They care more about history then spend. Told me you can spend 7 figures but if you dont have the history, dont expect an invite. 

Invites are not currently being sent... You could always ask for a card though.  1-877-877-0987

For me, although I want the card, I'm still trying to justify it.it has to be more than status. I have at least 10 friends with Centurion cards. When we go out, my Platinum card pays for dinner just like theirs. Lol

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 28 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

Do you guys know if it's per cardholder, or the entire firm?

Our firm spends total in excess of 250k per year, but each of us is less.  Do they base the criteria on aggregate spending of all cardmembers, or on an individual basis?

Card holder. They care more about spending categories then they do spend itself. Think about it. Who would you issue it to? Someone who travels and stays at luxery hotels or someone who buys gas for their fleet of trucks and office supplies. They want the card seen in ideal places.

Message 29 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For me, although I want the card, I'm still trying to justify it.it has to be more than status. I have at least 10 friends with Centurion cards. When we go out, my Platinum card pays for dinner just like theirs. Lol

You fly 75 flights on Delta? If you do not have status and check a bag everytime thats 3750 alone. 25 * 75 * 2 for each way.

Message 30 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.