Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion Vs. Platinum Card

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card

@Anonymous wrote:
Card holder. They care more about spending categories then they do spend itself. Think about it. Who would you issue it to? Someone who travels and stays at luxery hotels or someone who buys gas for their fleet of trucks and office supplies. They want the card seen in ideal places.

This makes sense.

250k for a single cardholder.  Man, that's a lot of spending in a single year!

Message 31 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Card holder. They care more about spending categories then they do spend itself. Think about it. Who would you issue it to? Someone who travels and stays at luxery hotels or someone who buys gas for their fleet of trucks and office supplies. They want the card seen in ideal places.

This makes sense.

250k for a single cardholder.  Man, that's a lot of spending in a single year!

It is, but if you have a small business and run everything through it it may work out.

Message 32 of 111
CS800
Super Contributor

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Min is 250K. They care more about history then spend. Told me you can spend 7 figures but if you dont have the history, dont expect an invite. 

Invites are not currently being sent... You could always ask for a card though.  1-877-877-0987

For me, although I want the card, I'm still trying to justify it.it has to be more than status. I have at least 10 friends with Centurion cards. When we go out, my Platinum card pays for dinner just like theirs. Lol

So your plastic does the same thing their metal do?

Message 33 of 111
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Do you guys know if it's per cardholder, or the entire firm?

Our firm spends total in excess of 250k per year, but each of us is less.  Do they base the criteria on aggregate spending of all cardmembers, or on an individual basis?

I agree with you Tanner. I'm in the music business. I stay in all of the best hotels around the world, first class flights, I dine at some of the best restaurants, high credit score, and clean history. I am definitely a candidate. I'm really trying to justify all of the annual fees I'm currently paying and it got me wondering If I really want a black card.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 34 of 111
Scene
Regular Contributor

What ever happened to the JP Morgan Palladium card? Is it still exclusive to JP Morgan private banking clients?

Message 35 of 111
android01
Valued Contributor

I would qualify for an invite if it was 250K a year as I do that on my business AMEX alone, and have for many, many years.  There is no way in H E L L that I would ever pay 5K or 2.5K or whatever to have some stupid metal credit card if I ever had an invitation.  It's a total vanity play, isn't tax deductible, and I'd rather keep the money.  Smiley Happy 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 36 of 111
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Min is 250K. They care more about history then spend. Told me you can spend 7 figures but if you dont have the history, dont expect an invite. 

Invites are not currently being sent... You could always ask for a card though.  1-877-877-0987

For me, although I want the card, I'm still trying to justify it.it has to be more than status. I have at least 10 friends with Centurion cards. When we go out, my Platinum card pays for dinner just like theirs. Lol

You fly 75 flights on Delta? If you do not have status and check a bag everytime thats 3750 alone. 25 * 75 * 2 for each way.

I'm Diamond on Delta so I pay no check baggage fees.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 37 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scene wrote:

What ever happened to the JP Morgan Palladium card? Is it still exclusive to JP Morgan private banking clients?

I heard you have to have to be a client and possess a $30+ million portfolio Smiley Surprised.

Message 38 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone has their own opinion. I would accept the card as ive already run the numbers and came out positive. I would rather tie it to platnium when traveling. I dont like the attention. 

Message 39 of 111
Open123
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

I would qualify for an invite if it was 250K a year as I do that on my business AMEX alone, and have for many, many years.  There is no way in H E L L that I would ever pay 5K or 2.5K or whatever to have some stupid metal credit card if I ever had an invitation.  It's a total vanity play, isn't tax deductible, and I'd rather keep the money.  Smiley Happy 

If it's through your business, then it would be tax deductible, wouldn't it?  However, I can see the IRS rolling their eyes during an audit.

Message 40 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.