Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion Vs. Platinum Card

tag
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

Re: Centurion Vs. Platinum Card

@CS800 wrote:

I'm assuming that everyone on this thread has at least the Platinum. Not sure though.

CS, what's in your wallet?

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 61 of 111
CS800
Super Contributor

I do have the Platinum AMEX, BCE, Zync

Chase Freedom, Discover More, USAA AMEX

Message 62 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

Why plat and zync?

Message 63 of 111
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I have Zync too. I am keeping it though. I'll use it for my double points for cell, internet, restaurants....since PLatinum doesn't do that, but you can link it to Membership Rewards First so I'll make out like a bandit.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 64 of 111
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Why plat and zync?

I use the Plat for work purposes, I put everything on it, travels, hotels, meeting reservations, equipment purchase (servers etc), group dinners.

The Zync I was using before I got the BCE but my BCE is now at $12k, so the Zync doesnt get any use.

Message 65 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Why plat and zync?

I use the Plat for work purposes, I put everything on it, travels, hotels, meeting reservations, equipment purchase (servers etc), group dinners.

The Zync I was using before I got the BCE but my BCE is now at $12k, so the Zync doesnt get any use.

Ahh I see.

Message 66 of 111
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Why plat and zync?

Ahh I see.

I got upgraded to business class using the Platinum flying delta from Boston to Atlanta. It was really unexpected but loved it.

Message 67 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

For showing the card? Ive never heard of that.

Message 68 of 111
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@CS800 wrote:

I'm assuming that everyone on this thread has at least the Platinum. Not sure though.

Smiley Very Happy

I have heavy-duty aluminum foil in my kitchen drawer. Does that count for anything? Smiley Very Happy

I can see that a Plat and a Centurion can be valuable for business purposes in certain circumstances, or for mega-travelers. It would be interesting to know the percentage of those who actually benefit from them financially vs those who like to flash them to the 17-year-old cashier at the local Ponderosa Steak House.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 69 of 111
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If used fully for business and not personal, its 100% deductable. I still insist the card would be worth it to me. Different things work for different people.

Yes, different things work for different people, but I'm not a guy who will usually pass my credit card around the table so my clients can "view" its magnificence before I submit it to pay the bill.   

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 70 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.