Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion??

tag
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Re: Centurion??

So that I get it right, the Centurion card is the Amex black card, right like the one in Crashem's sig? The one that costs $7200/ ayear or is it a different product?

Message 41 of 79
enharu
Super Contributor

@Pat94108 wrote:

So that I get it right, the Centurion card is the Amex black card, right like the one in Crashem's sig? The one that costs $7200/ ayear or is it a different product?

Yes. The Centurion is the original and "real" black card, not that cheap visa knockoff by Barclays.

Yes, it is also the one in Crashem's sig. 

It is $7500 to sign up after you are invited, $2500/ year fee (numbers might have changed). Not too sure about the AF for business centurions.

The business card looks a little different as well, mostly with a business word on the corner and a smaller "American Express" font.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 42 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Yes, although it is 2500 per year.... With a 5k initiation fee
Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 43 of 79
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Ok. Thank you guys!

Message 44 of 79
StudentSam
New Contributor

I'll just keep rakcing up spend and see what happens 

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 45 of 79
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Can someone remind me what are you buying with 5k intro and 2.5 yearly... a trip top the moon at my 10 year anniversary?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 46 of 79
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:
Yes, although it is 2500 per year.... With a 5k initiation fee

Now it is a 7500 initiation fee and 2500 AF.  2500 AF per AU card too, but AU basically get same benefits which is unlike Platinum/Gold/Green AU cards.  Business Centurion is same.

Not sure what happens with older members if there AF is similar or do they get the AF of when they signed up.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 47 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

If i remember correctly the fee for my dads was 1k, and went up to 2.5k a few years back...  I guess they raised it for everyone.  I wasn't aware the initiation fee went up to 7.5k, thanks for the info.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 48 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

Can someone remind me what are you buying with 5k intro and 2.5 yearly... a trip top the moon at my 10 year anniversary?

Mainly airline status on Delta, there are a few other things as well.

Message 49 of 79
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

Mainly airline status on Delta, there are a few other things as well.

In terms of status granted:

Delta Plat

US Plat

VS Gold

HH Gold

SPG Gold

IHG/PC Plat

Avis President's Club

They used to include (but have since discontinued):

Hyatt Diamond

SPG Plat

CO Gold

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 50 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.