Did you mean: 

Centurion??

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Centurion??

Relais Chateau 5C

Hertz Gold Plus

Concierge is better than Plat.  Additional Centurion benefit for reservations through FHR on hotels that participate.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 51 of 79
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

It seems a waste of money to me, unless your goal is to waste money. I really couldn't care less about flashing a credit card to get people's attention. Maybe I'm missing what the attraction of this card is? I was never impressed with it and am curious as to why so many people think it's the best thing since Ford.

Every card is subjective -- just as "waste" and "impressive" are.  If you don't see the point in one then move on to one that you do see the point in.

@navigatethis12 wrote:

This one I can let go, since it's at least this year. When threads that are like three or more years get brought up though, I'm like, "Why!?".

Because the topic is still worth discussing?  "This is an old thread", however, adds nothing to the thread.  At least the person reviving an old thread bothered to search first.

Message 52 of 79
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

It seems a waste of money to me, unless your goal is to waste money. I really couldn't care less about flashing a credit card to get people's attention. Maybe I'm missing what the attraction of this card is? I was never impressed with it and am curious as to why so many people think it's the best thing since Ford.

Every card is subjective -- just as "waste" and "impressive" are.  If you don't see the point in one then move on to one that you do see the point in.

@navigatethis12 wrote:

This one I can let go, since it's at least this year. When threads that are like three or more years get brought up though, I'm like, "Why!?".

Because the topic is still worth discussing?  "This is an old thread", however, adds nothing to the thread.  At least the person reviving an old thread bothered to search first.

I already addressed a similar reponse to your first comment and will not do it again. I'm not the one that said "this is an old thread", so direct that towards the person who said it. If you see a thread that is five years old there is no reason to revive it; just make a new one. People have more of a problem with people not searching when there are three threads on the same topic right on the first page, like the Capital One executive office number or questions about a credit limit increase with American Express. This isn't my website so people can do what they want. My response was more of a joke than being serious.

Message 53 of 79
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:
Yes, although it is 2500 per year.... With a 5k initiation fee

Now it is a 7500 initiation fee and 2500 AF.  2500 AF per AU card too, but AU basically get same benefits which is unlike Platinum/Gold/Green AU cards.  Business Centurion is same.

Not sure what happens with older members if there AF is similar or do they get the AF of when they signed up.

Everyone's fee went up. Nobody was grandfathered.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 54 of 79
Crashem
Valued Contributor

The acm/AU fee to 2500 probably did more than anything to limit the number of cards out there even though existing acm/AU were grandfathered in from the 2 per primary limit.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 55 of 79
StudentSam
New Contributor

Any news for 2014 Invites?

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 56 of 79
awp317
Frequent Contributor

My company was invited to get this card a few years back, I declined, I just dont see spending 5000 (now 7500) just to have the waitress go "omg your cards metal and black" then decide she can steal the numbers and charge 100k to it. Not that that has actually happened, but I would imagine with a card that touted to be the 1% of the 1% its going to attract the wrong type of attention. I dont want or need the general public to know how much money I have in the bank or how much I spend  each year. 

edit dint realize this was an old thread 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 57 of 79
39Xelor
Established Member

@awp317 wrote:

My company was invited to get this card a few years back, I declined, I just dont see spending 5000 (now 7500) just to have the waitress go "omg your cards metal and black" then decide she can steal the numbers and charge 100k to it. Not that that has actually happened, but I would imagine with a card that touted to be the 1% of the 1% its going to attract the wrong type of attention. I dont want or need the general public to know how much money I have in the bank or how much I spend  each year. 

edit dint realize this was an old thread 

Not to pick you or your post apart, but a waitress is no more likely to "steal" your numbers than anybody else.. This is a good forum and I'm absolutely sure you didn't meant to single out certain professions, but in my opinion it isn't kind to mark certain people/person(s) "thieves"… Smiley Happy

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 58 of 79
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I don't think that was their intent, but if you think about it, a waiter/waitress would have a better opportunity to do it than a lot of other people! Myself and many of my friends have been or currently are in food service so I know they're a good class of people Smiley LOL
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 59 of 79
StudentSam
New Contributor

so what. I'm still intrigued as to how I can get on a list or if tht's even a myth

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 60 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.