Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion??

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Centurion??

I've been an AMEX member since 1986.  I currently have Business Platinum for myself and my two partners, and thirteen AU (employee) gold cards.  We regularly spend 400-500K per year, and I've never been "invited"  to receive a Centurion card, nor would I accept such an invitation.  There's no way in hell I'd ever pay the annual fee for a Centurion card.  The Business Platinum and Gold card AF's are bad enough!  BTW, I use all of the points I get to give AMEX gift cards for everyone at Christmas.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 71 of 79
StudentSam
New Contributor

Oh so you can make the AU cards gold instead of platinum?

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 72 of 79
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

Oh so you can make the AU cards gold instead of platinum?

on Business you can make the AU Green if you like!

Message 73 of 79
StudentSam
New Contributor

ahh, I like gold cuz the points. we spend 30-50k per client a month on a gold card additional, so thats why it makes sense for us to use Amex Gold. I have over 1 mil points Smiley Very Happy

Message 74 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question about the invitation for centurion: you have to be a platinum cardholder first?

And you have to put all your spend on it?

Was wondering if people get the bump from the lower charge cards or even the credit cards? Would they look more favorably upon someone with large expenditures across numerous amex cards or enormous luxury spending on the 1 platinum card?
Message 75 of 79
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Quick question about the invitation for centurion: you have to be a platinum cardholder first?

And you have to put all your spend on it?

Was wondering if people get the bump from the lower charge cards or even the credit cards? Would they look more favorably upon someone with large expenditures across numerous amex cards or enormous luxury spending on the 1 platinum card?

When they had a spend requirement, it could be any card as long as the charges were paid.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 76 of 79
StudentSam
New Contributor

Im at a 1.5 YTD across my 2 amex cards so far.. close to 550k Last year and now signficantly more this year. A lot of it was on 'luxury' items also.. about $245K on clubs/nightlife ALONE! Then maybe another $100K across renting yachts/cars/hotels/etc... 

No invite and don't plan on getting one although I would probably pay the fee and take one if I got the invite loL!

Maybe one day Smiley Happy 

Message 77 of 79
sjt
Senior Contributor

Call them up and inquire about an invite

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 78 of 79
StudentSam
New Contributor

I called up the AmEx executive office, spoke to them about centurion. they said they havent sent invites out (bogus prob) but they would pass my info to marketing as a notation for next round of invite? 

I've only been an amex customer for 2 years but have spent over 400k+ each yet. And more this year then last year.. im alrdy at 1.2 mil now YTD and climbing

I just applied for Platinum, I'll have Plum/Gold and Plat now 

Message 79 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.