Valued Contributor

Re: Centurion??

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
$150k+ per year spend will get you invited. I just saw this on a youtube vid! Lol

Thats wishful thinking, I know people who spend 500k a year or more and don't get invited.

From what I understand it's 250K or more in LUXURY spend (ex. first class airfare)

My father has a personal Centurian and you used to be able to get it with 250k a year in spend, this was pretty easy for a business so they have really tightened up on their invites.  From what I have been told there haven't been any invites in the last few years.

Also the benefits are awesome for someone who doesn't travel often but wants status.  For my father this is ideal as he only flys 2-4 times a year but enjoys the platinum medallion status with delta.

Not too sure about this, my friend runs a few businesses, and all he did was spend 240k + a year and asked for it. got it.

How long has he had it?  

6months or so

Nice, is his a personal or business account?

+1. This is the big question. Business Cents are much easier to get than Personal Cents. It's not that difficult to push 500k+ a year through a decent sized business, but having 250k on personal spending alone is much more difficult. They've been slowly issuing business cents recently, but personal cent invites have been extremely limited to non-existant in the past few years. Amex realized that the centurion "brand" had become more diluted as more people (but not the "right kinds of people") obtained it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

$150k+ per year spend will get you invited. I just saw this on a youtube vid! Lol

Thats wishful thinking, I know people who spend 500k a year or more and don't get invited.

From what I understand it's 250K or more in LUXURY spend (ex. first class airfare)

My father has a personal Centurian and you used to be able to get it with 250k a year in spend, this was pretty easy for a business so they have really tightened up on their invites.  From what I have been told there haven't been any invites in the last few years.

Also the benefits are awesome for someone who doesn't travel often but wants status.  For my father this is ideal as he only flys 2-4 times a year but enjoys the platinum medallion status with delta.

Not too sure about this, my friend runs a few businesses, and all he did was spend 240k + a year and asked for it. got it.

How long has he had it?  

6months or so

+1. This is the big question. Business Cents are much easier to get than Personal Cents. It's not that difficult to push 500k+ a year through a decent sized business, but having 250k on personal spending alone is much more difficult. They've been slowly issuing business cents recently, but personal cent invites have been extremely limited to non-existant in the past few years. Amex realized that the centurion "brand" had become more diluted as more people (but not the "right kinds of people") obtained it.

you knew exactly where I was going with this... lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 79
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

How long has he had it?  

6months or so

My parents have both personal and business cents. How could I not? Smiley Tongue

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 79
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Right, personal Centurions are rarer than the business ones.  

Where I am near Silicon valley, tons of guys have the business ones, especially during the 2005 - 2009, where Amex was extending quite a few invites.  They just run inventory and easily meet the $250K spending requirent.  

Now, $250k in personal luxury spending takes some doing, especially considering it equates to approx $400K in pre-tax earnings.  You'd have to making much more than $400k to spend that much as purely discretionary income.

Message 14 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

How long has he had it?  

6months or so

My parents have both personal and business cents. How could I not? Smiley Tongue

Very Cool, my dad just had the personal centurian and a business platinum... 

what is the point in having both? just because you can Smiley Very Happy

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 15 of 79
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well, ryan...
Amex Customer Service told me $150k spend a year on gold/plat will likely get you an invite.
Also said, once you spend beyond that point..they don't really care about income..just your "spending pattern"
And I was sort of joking, but who knows?
I'm 23 and very ambitious.. If I end up with a Centurion in a couple decades and this forum is here, I will rub it in yo face!!! Bahaha :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 79
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I wouldn't want the business one. Lol not elite enough haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 79
StudentSam
New Contributor

if you spend 250k+ in a year on the Plum you think you will get it ? 

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 79
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

It seems a waste of money to me, unless your goal is to waste money. I really couldn't care less about flashing a credit card to get people's attention. Maybe I'm missing what the attraction of this card is? I was never impressed with it and am curious as to why so many people think it's the best thing since Ford.

Message 19 of 79
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

This is an old thread, but I agree with navthis. Centurion is old news.
Message 20 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.