Frequent Contributor

Re: Centurion??

So that I get it right, the Centurion card is the Amex black card, right like the one in Crashem's sig? The one that costs $7200/ ayear or is it a different product?

Super Contributor

Pat94108 wrote:

So that I get it right, the Centurion card is the Amex black card, right like the one in Crashem's sig? The one that costs $7200/ ayear or is it a different product?

Yes. The Centurion is the original and "real" black card, not that cheap visa knockoff by Barclays.

Yes, it is also the one in Crashem's sig. 

It is $7500 to sign up after you are invited, $2500/ year fee (numbers might have changed). Not too sure about the AF for business centurions.

The business card looks a little different as well, mostly with a business word on the corner and a smaller "American Express" font.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor

Yes, although it is 2500 per year.... With a 5k initiation fee
Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Frequent Contributor

Ok. Thank you guys!

New Contributor

I'll just keep rakcing up spend and see what happens 

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

Can someone remind me what are you buying with 5k intro and 2.5 yearly... a trip top the moon at my 10 year anniversary?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Valued Contributor

ryanbush wrote:
Yes, although it is 2500 per year.... With a 5k initiation fee

Now it is a 7500 initiation fee and 2500 AF.  2500 AF per AU card too, but AU basically get same benefits which is unlike Platinum/Gold/Green AU cards.  Business Centurion is same.

Not sure what happens with older members if there AF is similar or do they get the AF of when they signed up.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor

If i remember correctly the fee for my dads was 1k, and went up to 2.5k a few years back...  I guess they raised it for everyone.  I wasn't aware the initiation fee went up to 7.5k, thanks for the info.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Valued Contributor

zerobacan wrote:

Can someone remind me what are you buying with 5k intro and 2.5 yearly... a trip top the moon at my 10 year anniversary?

Mainly airline status on Delta, there are a few other things as well.

Valued Contributor

ryanbush wrote:

zerobacan wrote:

Mainly airline status on Delta, there are a few other things as well.

In terms of status granted:

Delta Plat

US Plat

VS Gold

HH Gold

SPG Gold

IHG/PC Plat

Avis President's Club

They used to include (but have since discontinued):

Hyatt Diamond

SPG Plat

CO Gold

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.