Contributor

Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

[ Edited ]

I got the Amex Zync last August, and included both my part time income and grants/loans as total income (probably not the best idea). I was approved, and was cleared up to $4000 via the charge approval button.

Fast forward to now. I don't have a part time job as I'm taking more hours; however, I now receive more scholarship money. I checked the button again and was only approved up to $2500.:smileysurprised: This may be in part due to a high balance that I let report recently, which has since been paid off and the statement cut. But now I'm a little worried that they might FR me, especially since I'm about to apply for one or two more cards. Are they likely to FR me when I've had my card for 10 months? I'm making about the same as I was last August, but I'm not sure they'd count grants and scholarships as income.

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Re: Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

[ Edited ]

Leave the charge  approval button alone, live within your current means, don't be late on anything, or have new  baddies show up on your CR, and you will be fine. FR's are rare, and even more so for people spening a  couple thousand or less on their AMEX card.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Amtrak 4.6k, & Freedom 3.3k & Slate 3.3k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & AMEX Hilton Surpass 7.5k & AMEX Zync NPSL, Sams Club Discover 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne 2.5k, CapOne 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
09Lexie

Re: Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

A FR can occur at anytime and for any reason Amex seems fit. Some have said hitting that button too much may also trigger an FR but I don't hold too much into if that's the trigger.

FRs are not as common as one might think- afaik, when they ask for tax returns it'll be the past 2 years.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+