Contributor

Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

[ Edited ]

I got the Amex Zync last August, and included both my part time income and grants/loans as total income (probably not the best idea). I was approved, and was cleared up to $4000 via the charge approval button.

Fast forward to now. I don't have a part time job as I'm taking more hours; however, I now receive more scholarship money. I checked the button again and was only approved up to $2500.:smileysurprised: This may be in part due to a high balance that I let report recently, which has since been paid off and the statement cut. But now I'm a little worried that they might FR me, especially since I'm about to apply for one or two more cards. Are they likely to FR me when I've had my card for 10 months? I'm making about the same as I was last August, but I'm not sure they'd count grants and scholarships as income.

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Valued Contributor

Re: Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

[ Edited ]

Leave the charge  approval button alone, live within your current means, don't be late on anything, or have new  baddies show up on your CR, and you will be fine. FR's are rare, and even more so for people spening a  couple thousand or less on their AMEX card.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 6k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 7.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/14/2015

Re: Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

A FR can occur at anytime and for any reason Amex seems fit. Some have said hitting that button too much may also trigger an FR but I don't hold too much into if that's the trigger.

FRs are not as common as one might think- afaik, when they ask for tax returns it'll be the past 2 years.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.