Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances Of Approval for Sallie Mae??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances Of Approval for Sallie Mae??

Wondering what my chances would be for an approval on a Sallie Mae MC? I have 2 new accounts reporting in the last 2 months and 6 inquiries on TU, 3 are from a car loan. AAOA is 1 year. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
elegia
New Contributor

Re: Chances Of Approval for Sallie Mae??

I had similar stats and got approved - I had just moved so I had to call and verify my address and such, but other than that there wasn't a problem. I had 2 new accounts that I'd opened in the past 2 months, 0 inquiries on TU but 3 on EX (they pulled both for me), and AAoA was under a year (either 10 or 11 months, I think). Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input! What was your starting Credit Line?

Message 3 of 6
elegia
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the input! What was your starting Credit Line?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice. I have my AMEX 61 day CLI coming up in 2 days so I think I'll be good to app after that. 

Message 5 of 6
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

I got approved for the Sallie Mae for $4700 with a TU of 720, 3 months after being approved for the Barclay Rewards Mastercard for $1500, which was my first card. I also had loans though.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.