Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances at CSP

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Chances at CSP

Agree with the others - it seems prudent to wait a bit more for the lates to age and get your scores up at least over 700. You may still have a hard time getting instant approval but may have a chance at recon. Chances don't look great right now. My DH's only baddie was a 120+ late from 2008 and he had to recon for approval on his freedom. But ymmv. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 11 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I would say get your scores above 700 first.

You also had several recent lates on your Freedom card. Kinda put you in a bad position with Chase.

Agreed, the lates will hurt. 

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 17
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

If you want to take a chance, AP for AMEX PRG card, if you get it which is possible, wait for it to report, confirm back dating is reporting, after it is may require some work on your part. to get it, after your score should jump because of the backdating then if you want to give up the Freedom card you can PC it to a CSP and AP for the freedom again in 6 months.

Or if you score jumps enough thanks to AMEX back dating you may want to just AP for the CSP.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 13 of 17
romey050500
New Contributor

thanks for all the info everyone. I'm going to give it some thought.

NFCU Flagship Visa 25k - Pentagon FCU Platinum Visa Signature 20k - USAA World MasterCard 10k - USAA American Express 10k - BoA 3, 2, 1 Card 10k - Southwest RR 8.5k - CSP 5k - Chase Freedom 2k - Discover It 2k - Barclay's Arrival 2.5k - NFCU Cash Rewards 2k - Military Star 5.8k - American Express BCP 2k - American Express PRG NPSL
Message 14 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@romey050500 wrote:

thanks for all the info everyone. I'm going to give it some thought.

let us know the outcome if you do decide and pull the trigger. Be right by the phone to call the backdoor number if you get the 7-10 or 30 day message and ready to recon. Good luck!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 15 of 17
romey050500
New Contributor

I think I'm going to call and do a PC to the CSP, then apply for the freedom. I wonder if they would let me just take 5k from the freedom just to open the CSP and still leave the freedom open at 2k.

NFCU Flagship Visa 25k - Pentagon FCU Platinum Visa Signature 20k - USAA World MasterCard 10k - USAA American Express 10k - BoA 3, 2, 1 Card 10k - Southwest RR 8.5k - CSP 5k - Chase Freedom 2k - Discover It 2k - Barclay's Arrival 2.5k - NFCU Cash Rewards 2k - Military Star 5.8k - American Express BCP 2k - American Express PRG NPSL
Message 16 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@romey050500 wrote:

I think I'm going to call and do a PC to the CSP, then apply for the freedom. I wonder if they would let me just take 5k from the freedom just to open the CSP and still leave the freedom open at 2k.

Provided the account is elegible and qualify (if approved), yes.  The exposure/limit can be carved out from an existing line as the CSP minimum CL is $5K.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.