Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances for AMEX HHonors?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances for AMEX HHonors?

I have been comparing this card and the Citi Hilton and it appears overall this card is better aside from the initial opening bonus. I am sitting at a 687 EX. Several inquiries and recently opened accounts. I am patiently waiting for $8,000 I just paid off to report and that will bring me to 8% utilization. ONE card will still be reporting at 40% however. The rest basically at 0. Do I have a chance with the recent accounts and then that one card reporting at 40%?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances for AMEX HHonors?

i would imagine you're fine. amex hilton hhonors isn't difficult.
Message 2 of 11
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

You definitely have a chance.  I got an honors card with lower score and derogs, so you have a chance.  For whatever reason many HH cards have low limits.  YMMV and certainly no guarantees, but you are in the neighborhood at least.  

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got it with 12 90+ day late student loans from 2 years ago and like 10 other lates lol. scores similar to yours. like i said... easy.
Message 4 of 11
jbsea
Established Contributor

I think that this is the one that you can PC from Delta to HH so my guess would be that it is the same underwriting.  In which case I think that you are golden

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys I think I will pull the trigger once those balances report. Waiting patiently

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah just wait for the report and go for it
Message 7 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been comparing this card and the Citi Hilton and it appears overall this card is better aside from the initial opening bonus. I am sitting at a 687 EX. Several inquiries and recently opened accounts. I am patiently waiting for $8,000 I just paid off to report and that will bring me to 8% utilization. ONE card will still be reporting at 40% however. The rest basically at 0. Do I have a chance with the recent accounts and then that one card reporting at 40%?

I have both cards and while The Amex versions are better..... the Citi ones do has it's advantages. You get Gold status if you spend 4 nights there after the first 90 days of opening with the base card and there is some other perks I believe. Plus for me I shop at Costco a lot so I have the Visa one to shop there as well.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 11
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

"Gold status if you spend 4 nights there after the first 90 days of opening "

That is a sweet perk......

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 9 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

"Gold status if you spend 4 nights there after the first 90 days of opening "

That is a sweet perk......

Fast track to HHonors Gold status after four stays within your first 90 days of account opening or when you make $20,000 or more in purchases each calendar year

Yeah thats the offer. Wasn't 100% sure but i just checked again

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.