Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances for BCP / BCE?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chances for BCP / BCE?

@tehpud wrote:

Ok - went to creditcards.com and tried finding matched cards.  Currently, no matches for AMEX yet.  I have a bunch of CAP ONE matches.  I should probably hold off until December to pay down some balances and run a 5% UTL.  BOA is currently considering a GW removal of the 2008 baddie I have.  

Patience in the garden...time to keep on watering.

Good call

In time Amex will come the longer you wait the better 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 16
tehpud
New Contributor

So wanted to update. I just typed my info back into the creditcards.com website for a match. This time it showed the BCP AND BCE. When I first posted this topic it didn't show either.

Should I go for it or still wait?! Omg the temptation of it now that it is an offer!!!

Starting Score: 507 TU | 549 EX | 525 EQ // 05/11
Current Score: 773TU | 740 EX | 751 EQ // 06/13
Goal Score: 775 TU | 795 EX | 745 EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

@tehpud wrote:
So wanted to update. I just typed my info back into the creditcards.com website for a match. This time it showed the BCP AND BCE. When I first posted this topic it didn't show either.

Should I go for it or still wait?! Omg the temptation of it now that it is an offer!!!

Wait. You would probably get approved, but its more important to wait a few more months so you have a shot at a much better credit line. Last thing you want is a toy limit credit line. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 16
tehpud
New Contributor

I suppose so. I just got excited to see it listed for me but I read that the match on creditcards.com is not most reliable.

I would hate to get a low limit and not be able to really take advantage of the card.

Message 14 of 16
robbulous
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure how important having your existing cards PIF before app'ing is. I just applied last Friday with scores of 718 across all 3 and 15% util and I was instantly approved online. I would definitely try paying down your cards to reduce your util to possibly get your score over 700 across all 3. That will increase your odds greatly. The lowest score I've heard of getting approved for BC is 685ish.

Edit: I feel silly, your utilization is already great. The only thing you could do at this point is garden until in the 700-range. Smiley Happy

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 15 of 16
tehpud
New Contributor

haha no worries.  Yeah my UTL is lower now too!  I would love to app it now, but I think in December I may have a much better chance at a higher limit.  Maybe I am speculating too much on what a month and a half can do?  

I just got so excited to see that offer there on creditcards.com as last time I got a bunch of crap-one cards...   ahhh the temptation.  If I app now and get denied, I would obv. recon via a letter or phone, but if they hold that denial, then that would keep me from applying for another 90 days? 

I would lose the backdating at that point.  Am I being over cautious on what my score could do in a month?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.