cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances for Credit Card Approval

tag
AAA_2011

Chances for Credit Card Approval

I currently do not own a CC or Charge Card. I want to apply for a Good Credit Card but only if I know it will be approved. I have a EQ  FICO of 747 and a TU FICO of 721. My credit file is around 10 years of age with decent utilization. I am considering the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card. Any opinions on approval chances or suggestions on better cards? Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances for Credit Card Approval

Your scores are good enough to get approved for most cards out there, it kinda just depends on what you kinda rewards you want. I will say the Diamond Preferred Points are pretty lame IMHO, there are some better cards out there. Chase Freedom is a good choice for cash back, or the Citi Forward if you want Citi are both good choices. 

Message 2 of 3
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Chances for Credit Card Approval

If you like to travel, get one of the many different frequent flyer cards out there.  The bonues are hefty right now.  Citi AA offering up to 100,000 miles.  Continental and United merged, and you can now combine your OnePass and MileagePlus miles.  You could take advantage of both of their offers.  Lots of options.  Check out thepointsguy.com top deals.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.