Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances for Nordstrom?

tag
robertb507
Established Member

Chances for Nordstrom?

Was in Nordstrom yesterday and wondered if I should apply for Visa Siggy in store. I have a 730 EQ FICO and the only baddie I have is a Paid in full CO from 6 years ago. The only thing stopping me is inquiries. I'm in the process of closing on a house and I've racked up 19 inquiries. Do you think I could justify this to a credit analyst?
From Highest to Lowest: Citi AAdvantage Visa Signature $5,000 | Paypal Extras MC $5,000 | Walmart $5,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One $3500 | Brooks Brothers $3,000 | Barclaycard Arrival $2,050 | OSU Beaver Card $1,000 | Neiman Marcus $500
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chances for Nordstrom?

I probably wouldn't apply with that many inquiries. I linked an older thread below that came to mind after I read your post.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Nordstrom-Recon-Experience/td-p/2243649

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 2 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'd have to agree with OptimasPrime. Nordstrom seems to have a dislike for inq's. If you've closed on your mortgage and have an inq to spare you could always try and be prepared to recon
Message 3 of 10
broseph23
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately you have a 0% chance at the nordstrom card with that many inquiries. When you have less than four, then apply.
Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 4 of 10
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I think I may have been the first to be approved for a Nordstrom Credit card with a ton of inquires in the past 6 months(20): today I was by a Nordstrom's and applyed was approved for the store card 1k Limit with tier one rate of 10.9..Was hoping to get the siggy visa..I talked to their credit dept and was told with good usage and positive payment history that I can in 6 months ask for the upgrade.My scores are in the high 700's and AoAA is 8 years..1% util

Message 5 of 10
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Last month applied in store for Visa Sig. Approved for card tier one level $10,000 Cl . Pulled all three CRA's with 7 year old bk showing on TU and EX. Scores ranged from 805 EQ to 737 EX
Message 6 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

What benefits does Nordstrom give you for having their card?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I like my cc for the $20 Nordstrom Notes and free alterations . There are other benefits too

https://secure.nordstrom.com/InstantCreditApproval/signin.aspx
Message 8 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I guess 2% isn't too bad and the Nordstrom notes would be a benefit for the initial enrolment.  The alterations would be good.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The Nordstrom Notes are ongoing based on purchases.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.