Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances for a Zync?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances for a Zync?

I really want to apply for the Amex Zync card.  I'd like to get my foot in the door with Amex so I can grow with them.  I do have a blemished credit history.  Currently on my experian report I have a collection listed and an old card that was closed but paid. 

I've had a Cap One card since January and have had perfect payment history. Always pay way more than minimum and early.  I just opened a Wal-Mart card but haven't gone through a whole billing period so nothing to report on that one yet but it's already on all my reports.  Between the two cards I have a $1950 CL and am currently at about 20% utilization- it's all on my Cap1 card.  I took out a car loan in March and have perfect payment history on that too.

What are my chances? I keep itching to apply but I'm wondering if I'll do myself a favor and just wait a few months for me to show responsible history w/ two cards and get my utilization lower before apping for the Zync.

Thoughts on if I should stand a chance now or later?

Also, on my Experian report I only have the inquiry from Cap One in January and from GEMB in August. 

Scores as of yesterday: TU- 694; EQ- 674

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances for a Zync?

I applied yday and was denied but your credit is much better than mine. I asked the CSR on the phone what they'd like to see and she said an EX score in the mid 600s while I'm in the low 600s.. With your scores you probably have a shot. I have a single charge off on my credit and she didn't even mention it.

Message 2 of 13
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

How long is your AAOA? What is the negative? If it's a charge-off, you are unlikely to get in with AMEX, even if it is eventually paid. aMEX has there own internal scoring and FICO is just one factor. But AMEX is generally not friendly to Collections, Charge offs, or more than 30 days late (unless the late was many years ago. You can try and see what they say so at least you'll know what you have to clean up to be considered in the future. And hey, you never know.......
Message 3 of 13
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

On the other hand, you may want to consider applying this year so any future AMEX cards will receive a backdate to 2011 instead of 2012. IMO if you apply and are denied you could always call and ask for recon. If you apply and are approved Hooray! Although I don't carry AMEX just be aware that I have read on these boards that if the first pull is marginal approval / denial they may pull other bureaus to make a decision.

If an inquiry or two is not a big issue for you Go For It. Even with a denial you would find out what they are looking for to change.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 13
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

I got approved with a chargeoff with cap1 in 2007 still on my report and a 30day late about 2.5 years old with a score of around 630 a few months ago. It wasn't insane approval but they use verified my identity and that's it. It wasn't the approval with a 500 cl with autopsy either. Highest balance of almost 1500 so far

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied.  Got the 60 second wait process and then given a number to call.  Got an email saying the same thing. I need to cally to verify address and phone number.  Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.  I hate rejection over the phone. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably a good thing! when I applied they flat out denied me online -_-

Message 7 of 13
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Please call. I told myself I would hold my breath until you post your results.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called.  They're having trouble verifying my address.  I work for a university running a dorm and my job requires that I live in the dorm. I've got to find something that lists my physical address since I don't have utilities or anything like that. 

Going to find something and get it to them this afternoon if I can.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a good sign to me Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.