Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of 0% interest on venture card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances of 0% interest on venture card

So I have two Capital one cards platinum $1800cl and the venture card $1500cl both of which have a zero balance. I wanted to make a big purchase on the venture card and possibly carry a balance.
My question is has anyone had any luck asking a d getting approved for a lower rate or just flat out 0% apr??. Curious to see if anyone on the forum has had any luck recently.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Chances of 0% interest on venture card

I don't think the regular Venture card offers 0%, however the Venture One offers a 0% promo for new accounts if you qualify. For existing members, they are known to offer lower rates temporarily or permanently if its an available option for your account. I have never heard of them offering 0% offer for existing customers. 

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, both of mine are 0% right now.  But I don't think you're going to get to keep that. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both venture cards at 0% even if its just for a few month I'm OK with that. I'm gonna call and ask. Also is this something I should address to the EO or just a regular operator?
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Venture that i received on June/2015 has 0% for the first year as well as the one i will be receiving this or next week...confirmed wiht CSR this morning.

The reason why i called is because i will be purchasing 5 tickets to Kona and was worried about the 17%.  I could pay it right off but wanted to carry a minor balance to test FICO scores' changes.  I called to see if i could get a 12% a least and rep said i currently have 0% for the first year then 17% after, $0 AF waived for the first year then $59 after (but we all already knew that :-) 

Message 5 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^really you have a 0% promo on the regular venture?? How did you do that? Lol

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly didn't do anything, i just applied for them.  I did notice that when i carried a balance on one, there was no interest added.  So it is true and confirmed by CSR this morning.

Message 7 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If that's true then I can meet my spend easier and not have to worry about having to pay interest lol

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should give them a call and make sure you have it, it will only take a few minutes...if you dont have it, tell them about your big purchase and who knows, they might give you 12% rather than 17%

Message 9 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hmm I will do that. Did you call right after being approved? Or did you wait until after you had the card in your possession?

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.