Chances of CSP

tag
CCNoob
New Visitor

Chances of CSP

Hey All, 

I would like to know what my chances are for being approved for a CSP

-My score on Credit Karma is 724

-I have an AMEX Blue Cash Everyday with a limit of $6000, a little under a year old

-My income is $50,000

-Graduated last year and have 5 open student loans 

-My credit history is 2 years 8 months old, 100% payments made on time

-No history with Chase besides a checking account/debit card

Thank You!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: Chances of CSP

Most people here say that Chase likes at least one year history with 5k+.
Some people have gotten the CSP without 5k history tho so its YMMV.
Ive been denied 4 times for the CSP for that reason alone so im waiting until next month to app.

My scores, income and credit history is about the same as yours btw
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 15
CCNoob
New Visitor

You seem to have a lot of credit cards, I only have one, would that make it more difficult?

Message 3 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

Any tradeline one year or longer is better than any tradeline shorter than that anecdotally.  Wait a month and take the shot, you're not a guarunteed approval (would be handy to know what your real FICO is, CK is notoriously wild) but I think it's a reasonable application for certain.

Edit: only having one credit card, might make it more difficult but not necessarily; I could make the argument that it's actually better, but I don't think we know Chase underwriting that well.  Amex and Chase are fishing in the same customer pool, it's a reasonable assumption that if you were only going to have one card, your current one is about as good as you can possibly get for a Chase application.

        
Message 4 of 15
CCNoob
New Visitor

Thank you for your reponses! I guess I will wait until my Amex BCE becomes a year old and try!

Message 5 of 15
CreditHammer

Good Luck! let us know if you decide to app!

Message 6 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good luck!

You might want to go to their website and see if you're pre qualified. Also, since you do have a banking relationship, it might be better to apply in branch - others have mentioned a favorable response in having a banker assist with the app.
Message 7 of 15
CCNoob
New Visitor

I just checked and I am only pre-qualified for the Freedom and Slate. Does this mean anything?

Message 8 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Pre-qualified does not mean an approval but its inline with your chances. If you really want the CSP you can try but based on your profile, the Freedom is probably your better bet.

By the way... Forgot to ask do you travel a lot?
Message 9 of 15
CCNoob
New Visitor

I do not travel that often. I may be wrong, but I thought it would not make sense to apply for another cash-back card (Freedom) since I already have the Amex BCE. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.