Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of CSP

tag
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chances of CSP

You can combine Freedom with your chase checking to get additional 10% bonus on the cash back. Freedom has 5% cash back on some categories which is benefitial. One year of perfect history with Freedom card and chase checking/saving account will increase your probability of getting CSP.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 11 of 15
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@CCNoob wrote:

I do not travel that often. I may be wrong, but I thought it would not make sense to apply for another cash-back card (Freedom) since I already have the Amex BCE. 

The idea is to get the most rewards for your spending profile and redemption possibilities.  The return on CSP for non-travel isn't very good.  If you aren't going to be redeeming for travel you would likely be better off another cash back card.  Having more than one is just fine, you just try not to overlap things to much.  I have a Chase Freedom, Discover IT, Amex BCP, and a Sallie Mae card.  Chase and Discover tend to overlap but they all complement each other nicely.  Also diversification in lenders is always a good idea.  

I'd say you have a very good chance for approval if you wait for the Amex to be aged a year. 

Message 12 of 15
CCNoob
New Visitor

I see, what if I don't travel that often but I would like to redeem whatever points I earn for travel?

Message 13 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

CSP and Freedom go hand in hand 

@CCNoob wrote:

I see, what if I don't travel that often but I would like to redeem whatever points I earn for travel?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you don't travel, then the Freedom is your best bet.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.