Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of Citi CLI if I do a BT?

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Chances of Citi CLI if I do a BT?

Logged into my account and saw this offer. Wondering if I can negotiate a CLI if I take them up on this BT. Still hoping to get a SP offer but my account is still saying "we may pull your report".

Has anyone had any experience getting a CLI with BT offers through Citi?

Citi Offer.JPG

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chances of Citi CLI if I do a BT?

Personally I do not consider this a good offer.

I have a couple of Citi cards which is currently offering 0% until May, 2015 with 3% Fee.

Call Customer Services and see if they have any other offers available for you.

Message 2 of 6
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@Cleanmachine wrote:

Personally I do not consider this a good offer.

I have a couple of Citi cards which is currently offering 0% until May, 2015 with 3% Fee.

Call Customer Services and see if they have any other offers available for you.

I agree. Although I don't have a Citi card myself, I know that calling and reaching a supervisor can be pretty good if you're looking for additional offers, retention bonuses, etc. As for the CLI prospects, I don't really think a BT would help you any more than just continued responsible use of the card.

Message 3 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Thanks for feedbacl. I'm currently paying down my original BT at 0% which expires in December 2015. Barclay's has been known to increase CL with the amount of $$ used on a BT so I thought perhaps Citi may be in line with that.

edit: typo

Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks for feedbacl. I'm currently paying down my original BT at 0% which expires in December 2015. Barclay's has been known to increase CL with the amount of $$ used on a BT so I thought perhaps Citi may be in line with that.

have you tried checking Citi's website to see if you are eligible for a SP CLI?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

have you tried checking Citi's website to see if you are eligible for a SP CLI?

Hi enharu!

I have and it is still saying that a report may be pulled. Next month will be 9 months with the card. Maybe a SP will come my way then or at 12 mos. =)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.