Reply
Valued Contributor
lhcole77
Posts: 1,363
Registered: ‎09-18-2012
0

Chances of Citi CLI if I do a BT?

Logged into my account and saw this offer. Wondering if I can negotiate a CLI if I take them up on this BT. Still hoping to get a SP offer but my account is still saying "we may pull your report".

 

Has anyone had any experience getting a CLI with BT offers through Citi?

 

Citi Offer.JPG

Frequent Contributor
Cleanmachine
Posts: 398
Registered: ‎04-30-2008
0

Re: Chances of Citi CLI if I do a BT?

Personally I do not consider this a good offer.

 

I have a couple of Citi cards which is currently offering 0% until May, 2015 with 3% Fee.

 

Call Customer Services and see if they have any other offers available for you.

Established Contributor
grinlikechelsea
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎04-28-2013
0

Re: Chances of Citi CLI if I do a BT?


Cleanmachine wrote:

Personally I do not consider this a good offer.

 

I have a couple of Citi cards which is currently offering 0% until May, 2015 with 3% Fee.

 

Call Customer Services and see if they have any other offers available for you.


I agree. Although I don't have a Citi card myself, I know that calling and reaching a supervisor can be pretty good if you're looking for additional offers, retention bonuses, etc. As for the CLI prospects, I don't really think a BT would help you any more than just continued responsible use of the card.


Valued Contributor
lhcole77
Posts: 1,363
Registered: ‎09-18-2012
0

Re: Chances of Citi CLI if I do a BT?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for feedbacl. I'm currently paying down my original BT at 0% which expires in December 2015. Barclay's has been known to increase CL with the amount of $$ used on a BT so I thought perhaps Citi may be in line with that.

 

 edit: typo

Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,977
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Chances of Citi CLI if I do a BT?


lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks for feedbacl. I'm currently paying down my original BT at 0% which expires in December 2015. Barclay's has been known to increase CL with the amount of $$ used on a BT so I thought perhaps Citi may be in line with that.

 

 edit: typo


have you tried checking Citi's website to see if you are eligible for a SP CLI?

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
lhcole77
Posts: 1,363
Registered: ‎09-18-2012
0

Re: Chances of Citi CLI if I do a BT?


enharu wrote:

lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks for feedbacl. I'm currently paying down my original BT at 0% which expires in December 2015. Barclay's has been known to increase CL with the amount of $$ used on a BT so I thought perhaps Citi may be in line with that.

 

 edit: typo


have you tried checking Citi's website to see if you are eligible for a SP CLI?

 


Hi enharu!

 

I have and it is still saying that a report may be pulled. Next month will be 9 months with the card. Maybe a SP will come my way then or at 12 mos. =)


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}