Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of PC to Quicksilver

tag
ms3270
Established Member

Chances of PC to Quicksilver

I have been rebuilding my credit for a little while now. There were several baddies on my account because a family member opened cards in my name without my knowledge and they didn't pay them off and I got stuck with the damage. They are all several years old with the latest one being in 2008.

Welp I have been doing great in the rebuilding process. Two years ago I got the basic Cap One Platinum card with a $300 limit. The first CLI they gave me was for $200 which brought the limit to $500. Mid summer I received a letter in the mail saying they appreciated me as a customer and upped my limit to $2000. Along with paying this credit card on time and in full every month I have also paid off a 3k student and am now paying off another 8k in student loans. 

Yesterday I applied for a Discover It card and was approved. I was excited. I do not know my limit yet but I was excited just to be approved. My question is what do you think the chances are of Cap One converting my two year old Platinum card to the Quicksilver card. To be considered for the Quicksilver, would they do a hard pull.

Before I applied for the Discover It card last night, my TU (MyFico) score was 681. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chances of PC to Quicksilver

Chances are very good send a SM

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the Discover card! I product changed from the platinum no problem. It should be easy for you also it was no hp. Welcome to the Discover family!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 12
parkman
Regular Contributor

Thirded. I'm almost in the same boat as you, baddies on my report, 675 score, Cap 1 Platinum from 2011. Called Cap 1 a few days ago (just used the number on back of card,) asked to be converted, got approved for QS with no annual fee, no hard pull!

Now you got me thinking about applying for a Discover It...
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 4 of 12
ms3270
Established Member

Thanks! I'm going to give Cap One a call tomorrow. 

For the Discover card I had been receiveing the letters in the mail every week for about a month and a half now but I was skeptical. Last night I decided to just go for it. Went online entered my Invitation# that was on the latest letter they sent me and i was instantly approved in the 60 seconds. Didn't have to wait several days and didn't have to supply any extra documentation. Also, I had no other inquiries on my report. The last card I had applied for was the Cap One card two years ago. 

Message 5 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ms3270 wrote:

Thanks! I'm going to give Cap One a call tomorrow. 

For the Discover card I had been receiveing the letters in the mail every week for about a month and a half now but I was skeptical. Last night I decided to just go for it. Went online entered my Invitation# that was on the latest letter they sent me and i was instantly approved in the 60 seconds. Didn't have to wait several days and didn't have to supply any extra documentation. Also, I had no other inquiries on my report. The last card I had applied for was the Cap One card two years ago. 

Look for you card to arrive by Monday if not Saturday 

Welcome to the Discover family 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 12
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Discover card! Smiley Wink

Good luck with the Capital One thing! I just PC'd from the Visa Plat (first CC ever Smiley Happy) to the QS and it was pretty painless. Remember, if they give you any crap, contact the EO office - that's where it's at. Their EO guys are top notch.

When I PC'd to the QS, I requested a CLI. The CSRs weren't having any of that, so I hit the EO office up. Long story short - got a hand signed letter from the guy that handled my call letting me know I'd been approved for a $500 CLI (second one in a six month span, too. BAM!).

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 7 of 12
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Forget about calling Cap One, email their EO (do a Google search for the address).  They are in the best position to do things like PC or CLI.  All three times I went through EO, it was SP.  Good luck!

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 8 of 12
pembrokepride
Contributor

I also had zero problems doing a PC from Cap 1 Plat to QS via the normal customer service route. It was very painless and my TU score is lower than yours. A CLI can be a problem with them but the PC was easy. My CL stayed the same but I did get AF taken away which is a good thing.

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Message 9 of 12
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I dont think you can be denied, because i switched from no hassle rewards to QS and the rep told me you can switch your rewards every 6 mos, she didnt mention anything about being declined so i think its always approved?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.