Did you mean: 

Chances of approval for Blue Cash Everyday

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chances of approval for Blue Cash Everyday

@Revelate wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:
Probably doesn't matter too much. I would think just the month.

Ahh, don't know about this: Amex CLI policies are to the day.  Think it's too simple to suggest month only as applications tend to re-use code, and where it doesn't really matter (SL's aren't going to report that quickly almost assuredly post application), I'd wait the 181 days in this case.  No downside other than waiting an additional 3 weeks, possible upside, should do.

Also if they base it off credit reports, you ideally want the 6th report payment to land: while it doesn't likely matter with same lender application, I'd hedge my bets and wait the extra time after the 6th statement anyhow.

I knew with CLIs it mattered, didn't think it might matter too terribly much, however you're right that it certainly won't hurt.

Seems that the underwriting is relaxing though with the recent approvals being posted.

Message 11 of 13
Josh611
Regular Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
It's true.. may have a strong possibility of approval now.

Look at this thread:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/Amex-Blue-Sky-approved/td-p/3306316

Yeah I saw that earlier

Really tempted to apply now, but I will wait as I still feel it gives me a better chance to get approved with a better limit. Seems like they are giving more out right now.

I will bump this thread back up when I apply (hopefully a happy bumpSmiley Happy) to let you all know the outcome.

Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 12 of 13
wmweeza
Established Contributor

You and I are waiting and applying for the same card at about the same time! Good luck!

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.