cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of getting Chase to give me the $200 Freedom bonus?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chances of getting Chase to give me the $200 Freedom bonus?

I am not angry. You can certainly ask. What does it matter what we say your chances are? You won't know unless you ask.

I was simply pointing out that perhaps it's a bit of a stretch to ask for, but if they give it out within 90 days like some have stated than I assume you'll be fine if you ask.
Message 11 of 55
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
I am not angry. You can certainly ask. What does it matter what we say your chances are? You won't know unless you ask.

I was simply pointing out that perhaps it's a bit of a stretch to ask for, but if they give it out within 90 days like some have stated than I assume you'll be fine if you ask.

Anecdotal evidence is always nice to have. If there are reports of it working for other people, then I'd like to know. 

Message 12 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me know what happens. You and I applied at about the same time. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 55
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Let me know what happens. You and I applied at about the same time. Smiley Happy

Will do Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got mine last week..should have waited but oh well. It is what it is. 

Message 15 of 55
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Well, I obviously have a Freedom already, and have had it for about 45 days. Now the signup bonus is $200 instead of $100, and I'm more than a little bummed I missed out on it. 

I sent Chase a SM, asking if I could receive the spend bonus. What do you think my chances of actually getting it are? I've ran $2,800 through the card since I got it. 

If Chase doesn't have a problem with it, since you're in their 90 day window, I don't see the issue. Good luck, OP!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 16 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

They credited me the extra $100 through SM, I got my card a little over a month ago. People have said 90 days is the cutoff. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 55
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I think it's a good chance if you're within the window.
Message 18 of 55
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Got my Freedom in mid-April with the $100 offer, I've run $1500+/- through the card so far. Just sent them a polite SM asking "if its possible" to get the extra $100 ($200 offer). I won't be the least bit upset if they say no, but $100 extra is well worth the effort to "ask" in my opinon. If they grant me the extra $100, that'll be the easiest money I ever made Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my card April 4th, received it on the 10th and have ran approx 3k through so far. Sent a message asking for the bonus around 3pm yesterday and received a response approving and by 11pm. Already have the extra 10,000 points in my account. Happy with Chase on this one Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.