Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances on revolving Amex.

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Chances on revolving Amex.

I have to disagree with some of the other posters and say you're nowhere near ready for an amex revolver. Given you were denied a zync, that says something about how they view you. Getting approved isn't only about your FICO, but a whole host of other things. You have SEVEN inqs which is too high, especially for a conservative company like Amex. Your AAoA is fairly low, and your income is fairly low too. When you sum it up, your profile doesn't currently fit Amex's spend-centric model. I'd garden for 1-2 years before trying again on a revolver. It might be worth your while to apply for a charge card first in 12 months, and in the meantime let those inqs fall off. After another 12 months of using your charge card, then apply for a revolver. If you do this, you will be approved. You just need to be patient.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances on revolving Amex.

I was just approved for a Blue with similar numbers, oldest account was 2 1/2 years old, AAoA was 2 years.  Util was around 2% and I had no inquiries on Experian within past 12 months.  My Equifax FICO was at 740 with 1 inquiry at the time.  I'm sure my past 21 months of perfect history on my PR Gold was absolutely essential to my approval.

Give enough time for several inquiries to fall off and apply for Zync again.  I'd then wait another year and go for a Blue.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.