Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances with Citibank??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances with Citibank??

I've heard Citi pulls Equifax, is this true? I have a 650ish score right now, a collection from 2004, a BOA charge off from 2007 and derog student loans from 2002. Everything is paid in full and closed. I also have a secured BOA card, Cabela's unsecured Visa, open car loan, and closed car loan that are all in perfect standing. What do you think my chances of approval are?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
chopperacn
New Contributor

Re: Chances with Citibank??

In my case, they pulled Experian to approve me of Advantage Mastercard.My EQ and TU FICO's were 650 ish and EX FAKO :670 with some baddies from 2005(late payments) and one collection paid off.

Message 2 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

they pulled EX for me but may also pull EQ.  i'd wait 3 mos+ of more good history, you'll have better scores and may be approved for better CL if you wait. otherwise, it looks like maybe 50/50 at best is my guess.  if you can power through with other variables that are sometimes weighted heavily like income, time at employ, residence ('application score')- perhaps... if you want to take a shot- gl but recent co may be a deal breaker especially in connection with the other neg info on your cbr listed in OP.

Message Edited by score_building on 07-09-2009 04:35 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 15
mark925
New Contributor

They pulled EX on me the other day when I applied for the CitiForward card.   I have only one collection from 2004 on there.  Got approved for a $6,000 CL.
Message Edited by mark925 on 07-09-2009 01:09 AM
Message 4 of 15
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Im not sure where you live, but anytime Ive ever applied for anything Citi backed, Its always been an experian pull.  Ive applied for citi-backed cards in Pennsylvania, Washington DC, and New York - all experian pulls.  However, I dont actually own a citi credit card, just citi-backed credit cards (ie: Shell gas, Sears, BP back when it wasnt chase, etc)

Ive heard, however, that they do not like any recent derog's, I know a few months back my sister was denied for a citi credit card for 1 30 day late payment 8 months before application, and other than that, she has perfect credit history, it was just an oversight on her part which caused the late payment.

Good Luck!  Let us know how it goes. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two days ago they pulled EQ for me with a score of 720 and denied me because of 45% utilization.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the denial Sayre! What state are you in? It sounds like on the east coast they're pulling Ex. Maybe it's a west coast thing to pull Eq? I'm in Washington state.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Score_building above...wait a bit. I think you need at least 680ish score for approval right now.

They approved me in March for $4K with a 750 score on EX. Totally clean CR, 20% UT, 6.5 yr. AAofAs, and oldest acct. at 17 yrs.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'm not sure if this is something you'd be interested in or not, but saw this thread yesterday and thought I'd mention it just in case. The OP on the thread was recently approved for an AMEX Skymiles card with all scores at 630 and below.  Thought you might want to check it out if you were interested in some other card besides Citi. I have no idea what is on her/his credit report other than the scores. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=168597&view=by_date_as...

ETA...BIG OOOPS!!!  I just checked the thread above and the date on OP was 7/8/2007 not 7/8/2009 as I thought...I appologize. AMEX may very well have totally different approval standards now.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 07-09-2009 11:53 AM
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, things in 2007 were so much easier! But I really appreciate it Vegas, above and beyond Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.